She Podcasts recently partnered with The Qube to bring this culturally significant online event to life. Our aim is to continue to highlight talented and wise leaders that deserve to be seen, heard and recognized. The Team at The Qube is exemplary in championing innovation through creative content production, community building and app creation. Their vision: “The Qube will be a place for people to be inspired by the various ways Black, Brown, QTPOC people show up in the world.”
This presentation is a conversation with 5 phenomenal podcasters about their creative work, lived experiences, and how race and sexuality informs their podcasting work and creations.
Expect to get insight about:
- Why audiences need diverse, culturally aligned, creative, and original content
- How our world affects the work in podcasting.
- The growth of a podcast business, audience, ad sales, and speaking opportunities as the listenership becomes more diverse
- What allyship looks like in the podcasting space
- How the industry needs to change in order to allow for more diverse creators and listeners
- Tangible ways that you, as peers and colleagues can support QTPOC podcasters year round
Panel moderator and host: Anna DeShawn host of Queer News
- Aeon / Bryanna Jenkins: Girl Down Podcast with Aeon
- Cori bka Goddess KoCo: Sex KiKi Pod
- Selly Thiam: AfroQueer
- Jay Ray: Queue Points
We are collaborating with Marco Arment from Overcast . He has committed to continuing to feature podcasts led by people of marginalized genders. And we are thrilled. All women and non-binary folks please fill out this SUPER EASY FORM! DO IT NOW.
WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you
- Unapologetic: Being Black & Queer in Podcasting
- She Podcasts LIVE 2022
- SUPER EASY FORM
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- My Podcast Biz
She Podcasts thanks our Sponsors!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!