We love Mic Me for intros, outros and audio branding! Touch base with our awesome sponsor and get custom podcast intros, outros and editing from Micme.com. Get 10% off your first intro and outro with promo code SHEPODCASTS.
What happens when you’re recording in a public setting and get kicked out in the middle of it? You keep on recording and of course talk about Apple Podcasts because goodness gracious there was a lot to talk about Apple. And Spotify. And we get into the discussion most podcasters are constantly asking about, how do you measure success? Downloads? John thinks so, Elsie & Jess disagree. What do YOU think?
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Super Quick Re-cap! Length:
- How in the world did Jess used to do an interview show? We can barely schedule when WE can record
- How Elsie got up at 6 am and she didn’t need to
- And now we have Isaac going to dance class!
- If you want The E-League, you need to apply TODAY. Doors close in 5 days! Fridays, October 12!
- 12:40 NEWS
- Chatting about all things iTunes feed tags, because it’s their birthday
- Authoring best practices discussed because we had to, of course
- Should you switch from MP3 to AAC? Elsie’s co-host Rob answers your question
- John has some things to say loudness
- We are interrupted by the Lego Land Club (THIS, HILARIOUS)
- Spotify has opened the floodgates
- Elsie is back and shares the sad, sad data of folks listening to the self destructing episode on Spotify
- Oh man, folks need to focus on other things other than downloads
- Jess shares that the standardization of download numbers is not for all the podcasters
- So how DO YOU measure success? A heated discussion about downloads to measure success, or not
- 51:40 TOOL TIPS
- #Podtober challenge by the WOC Podcasters community!
- Jess is into Sticky
- Jess criticizes Elsie’s Bitmoji and then we go off on noses
- Women podcasters in solidarity! Such an awesome initiative
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- The E-League! – make sure you apply stat!
- It’s the one-year anniversary of Apple’s new podcast tags
- Loudness Metadata
- Spotify opens its podcast section to all podcasters with Spotify for Podcasts
- Follow @woc_podcasters for #Podtober
- Women Podcasters in Solidarity
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you're moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com