The E-League Spring Session is OPEN! What is it? It’s Elsie’s mentorship experience. Click here, don’t delay! Applications close April 20
Get 20% off your first year with TextExpander! Go to TextExpander.com/podcast and let them know She Podcasts sent you!!
Danny Ozment’s awesome Emerald City Productions! Check out Danny’s service, go to EmeraldCityPro.com/checklist for a free sound assessment!
Come hang with us at Podcast Movement! Sign up with the code shep. We cannot wait to see you there!
Support our Patreon page!
It took us two days to record this episode! You’ll get to hear all the behind the scenes troubleshooting as well as how one duct-tapes a podcast episode. But that’s not all! Elsie’s The E-League is open! Jess fills us in on holding downloads and what that means, we discuss reviews of Alex, Inc as well some super killer Text Expander workflow hacks. OH! And have you gotten your podcast Alexa Skill yet?
Speakpipe message! Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- Elsie is getting ready for The E-League! And what she has had to do to get ready!
- The way that Jess gets ready for courses
- Teaching workflows!!!
- 11:38 a tip from our sponsor Emerald City Productions, all about microphones!
- A bit of behind the scenes of what went down with recording this episode of She Podcasts
- Elsie becomes a chipmunk! For real, you guys!
- Elsie is now using an H6 as her microphone, at least for the moment
- The big announcement! OMG we have over 9k women in the She Podcasts FB Group!
- We have t-shirts, and how Jess got TeePublic messed up!
- Jess calls out Elsie on the fact that she didn’t watch Alex, Inc and yet was sharing nasty reviews about it
- What Jessica thought about Alex, Inc.
- Elsie and John commit to watching Alex, Inc and giving their opinions
- 32:34 Time to attend Podcast Movement because TV and mainstream conversations will be happening, and we need to be exposed to them
- Shout-out to Aaron Mahnke for his partnership with How Stuff Works
- OMGOSH Connie Britton to star on Dear, John!
- Jess goes into what “holding downloads” means, and we go into the weeds
- You guys, if Apple isn’t part of the equation, no soup for you!
- Sell based on your influence and your creativity that goes beyond an audio audience
- Downloads aren’t all that, in no way are they a reflection of how much success you have or how much money you make with your podcast
- 52:55 Tool Tips brought to your by Text Expander!
- John give us the scoop of what it’s been like after a month of Text Expander 😎
- Elsie’s cool use of Text Expander for formatting with text symbols (here’s a couple ♥ ▸ (✿◠‿◠) (❁´◡`❁)*✲ﾟ
- Have you got your own Alexa Skill!!!???? You can! You must listen to find out exactly why it’s important!
- We hit 9k during the show! Yeay!
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- If you’re interested in Elsie’s The E-League, here’s the info!
- She Podcasts Swag Shop! Get your t-shirt today!
- ‘Alex, Inc.’: TV Review
- Podcasts Get the Hollywood Treatment, Complete With Zach Braff
- Connie Britton to Star in Bravo Anthology Series ‘Dirty John’
- Lore Creator Signs Exclusive Podcast Deal With HowStuffWorks
- Remember to get Text Expander! It’s such an amazing addition to your online productivity tools!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com