Guess where Jess and Elsie are going? Florida in February! Meet us at Podfest! Use code SHEPODCASTS 😍
Attend How To Market Like a Boss Lady with Jess and Katie Krimitsos from Biz Women Rock!
Support our Patreon page!
This is a all about podcasting editing with John Bukenas and Jen Edds! You get a deep dive into the minds of audio (podcast) editors from nuns to disk jockeys from efficiency to Minestrone, from how much to expect to pay to where in the world you can learn to edit and LUFS 😳 Not to be missed!
Speakpipe message! Or you can email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- An intro from Elsie, OMG we have guests!!!!
- John gets to know Jen Edds! Nun’s were the path into podcasting! #NunsAreTheGateway
- You become an amazing editor because you’re a horrible podcasters
- Is audio editing hard?
- Podcast editing is like Minestrone!
- What does Jen use to edit?
- How immersing yourself into learning to speak a new language is the same as learning to edit 😳
- You guys! YouTube! Use it!
- What does Jen do when she gets her files from a client? It starts with a template
- Isotope 🤔
- You CAN have cheese steak for breakfast when you got to Podcast Movement 😁
- What does John do when he gets his files from a client?
- Audio editing is like makeup #genius 😂 too much can make you look like a clown
- Sharing insight on when you need an editor or not? Jen says where do you want to spend your time and what’s your budget?
- Even if you outsource your editing, take the time to learn the basics of audio editing to better communicate with your editor
- Learning to editing it happens in baby steps
- “The flavor packet is the shownotes” that’s a bit of John genius
- Jen’s workflow on doing National Podcast Month where she posted an episode for 30 days!
- You can always pull a rip-cord in podcasting
- Making your podcast your playground helps you to get better and helps audio consultants advice clients
- Jen’s story about the most fun she had recording a podcast
- Recording in a car is not so bad!
- Jen brings the conversation to LUFS
- Some super cool information that is all about audio education
- John peels back the curtain in how he edits the LUFS out of the show 😅
- Jen drops some killer audio resources!
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- A Nun’s Life Ministry
- Logic Pro
- Isotope Tools
- Jen’s podcast The Brassy Broadcast
- The Audio Producer’s Guide To Loudness
- The ear training guide for audio producers
We had no links to mention!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org