If you’re interested in working with Elsie through the E-League, applications for the Winter Session are open! They’ll be closing up by November 3!
Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
What happens when a She Podcaster has a sick toddler and is sick herself? She still records! With the toddler in the room. That’s commitment people! And even with the mighty Isaac in the room Jess and Elsie still manage to pass on some killer insight on all things preparing your show for advertisers, discussing 60 db and the cool new podcast app called CastBox, Dirty John, podcast telenovelas and more!
Elsie also shares that The E-League Winter Session applications are open, and only open until November 3! Don’t delay if you want to apply! elsieescobar.com/eleague
Speakpipe message! Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- It’s colds all around, and Jess is recording with Isaac in the room!
- The weirdness of recording with Elsie’s other co-host
- There are times when podcasters aren’t the best sales people – from zero to super famous spokespeople 😳
- Amazing tips from Jess, Elsie and John about how to start preparing your podcast for advertisers
- Jess goes into her experience at NAB
- 17:38 NEWS
- Google acquires 60 db, and there you have it!
- Elsie says that Google isn’t really banking on 60 db as is but acquihiring the team – they want the developers
- You guys, have you used CastBox? It’s super cool! Great search results!
- Elsie’s Apple Podcasts update! This time, it’s all about search and it SUCKS
- And she talks even more about search in Apple Podcasts
- All this plus Mr. Potato pieces being thrown at Jess, not by Elsie
- Dirty John, an interesting podcast, not Elsie’s favorite
- Jess “But it’s the rent tho”
- What the Dirty John team plus the LA Times did to drive newsletter sign ups.
- Breaking down what it really takes to drive email newsletter subscribers and when you can measure whether or not the sign ups actually affected the bottom line
- What do you think? Longer episodes??? We got a review all about it!
- Of course Elsie does not recall Weird Science
- Shout out! Which She Podcasters out there watched Muchachitas way back in the day? #LatinaQuestions
- Elsie wasn’t impressed by Celestial Blood. Bummer. So wanted to like it
- OMGosh, Isaac 😪 Poor baby #AccidentsWhileRecording
- You can listen to podcasts via Siri! Ask Siri to play your podcast
- Unexpected screams
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- Google Acquires 60db to Compete with Apple Podcasts
- Google just bought a podcast app cofounded by former Netflix executives
- Google acqui-hires team at podcast app 60dB, service will shut down next month
- After raising $16M in funding, CastBox plans to fix podcast discovery
- CastBox reveals $16 million in funding as global surge in podcast investment continues
- Ex-Googler Bet Her Own House on Podcasts and Raised $13 Million
- How The Los Angeles Times used hit podcast ‘Dirty John’ to drive newsletter sign-ups
- The First Ever Bilingual Podcast Is Also Telenovela
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com