Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
If you’ve ever wondered what working with an editor is like, or how to even go about getting an audio editor – we go all into it! Production, editing, processing and all kinds of insight. Jess and Elsie go deep into the conversation of downloads vs influence vs advertising and stats. Woah.
Speakpipe message! Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- Help, everything is a mess
- Elsie is an acquired taste…and Elsie has a hater, and she’s one of Jess’s BFFs
- Jess cooking for an army of jews, and the breakdown of all the food!
- A quick lesson on the jewish new year and Yom Kippur
- Feedback about co-hosts and Elsie almost causes an accident
- Magic behind the scenes from our wonderful editor aka why an editor matters so
- Audio editing vs audio processing, what they are and why they are important
- What are the questions you need to ask to hire an audio editor?
- What do you do to prepare TO hire an audio editor
- We hear a bit of Lady Business Radio!
- Editing discussion and stories: Jess, Elsie and John
- The Libsyn stats overhaul, yes, we chat about downloads
- There has been a change in the way that download numbers are measured
- File sizes, you don’t need big ones
- Jess comes down on Elsie’s tirade about downloads
- Ok peeps, influence vs downloads to measure worth?
- Jess schools us all on some podcast advertising info for all
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- Jen Edds: How to Make Your Podcast Intro Using Audacity Pt 1
- Jen Edds: How to Make Your Podcast Intro Using Audacity Pt 2
- Steve Stewart Audacity Tutorial!
- Pro Podcast Solutions
- Team Podcast
- Podcast Fast Track
- Stats Overhaul, IAB Compliance And Your Podcast’s Stats: Libsyn Company Announcement
- Libsyn Stats Overhaul: What You Need To Know
- Creator Monetization Report 2017: How Bloggers, Video Creators, and Podcasters Make Money
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com