Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
Podcast Movement is gonna be in Philadelphia next year! And Jess wants you to come to her house Elsie brings Jess a hypothetical example of a podcaster looking to monetize their back catalogue and current catalogue via dynamic ads insertion. We discuss if it’s worth it! On that note, Jess brings the She Podcasts Team a couple of conundrums from the desk of the loving Podcast Agent, always looking out for you! Finally, a discussion on whether you are ready or not to put your episodes behind a PayWall
Have something to say? Send us a Speakpipe message!
Super Quick Re-cap!
- Elsie has proper wifi!
- What makes Elsie happy: being able to back-up to Backblaze consistently, being able to update iOS apps immediately,
- Jess is doing a AAAAAAMAZING set of webinars for podcast advertising OMG
- Setting time away to do THE WORK never seems to happen as we thought
- How do we truly get things done?
- Workflow, workflow, workflow, apps, apps, apps, discussions
- 19:40 NEWS
- Facebook now has 2 billion users per month! Holy
- How Elsie’s Mom listens to She Podcasts
- Jess and Elsie break down why exactly podcasters benefit from being on Facebook and what you need to do to take advantage of it
- In order to reach people you have to go where they are, not cry about where they are NOT – #JessWisdom
- Podcast Movement 2018 is in Philadelphia!!!
- 35:38 Monetizing your podcast conversation begins through a hypothetical
- Where do you go if you want to monetize your back catalogue?
- How much money are you going to make by doing dynamic ads with your back catalogue
- A breakdown between direct to consumer vs brand advertisers
- For a lot of podcasters dynamic insertion is really not the way to go, monetize your community instead
- 52:38 Jess’s advertising conundrum number one: what are you missing out by not trying it?
- 59:34 Jess’s advertising conundrum number two: what do you do when the CPM is soooooo low? Should you tell the advertiser?
- 1:09:50 Monetizing your back catalogue behind a paywall, what do you need to make it successful?
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- She Podcasts Live: Post-Event Mental Unwind
- Facebook has 2 billion monthly users
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org