Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
We went into it, right off the bat.
Jess shares with us the details of her daughter Emily’s passing and how all of us at She Podcasts HQ dealt with the whole thing.
If you’ve ever wondered what the protocol is or what the best social practices are for when someone in your circle experiences a loss, this is the show to listen to. We also get very transparent about what happens to a business, a podcast and other stuff when a loss this big happens.
TL;DR it’s complicated.
Show 127 Super Quick Re-cap!
- Jess shares Emily’s story
- A bit of Borderline Personality Disorder
- How we dealt with Jess losing her daughter, for She Podcasts the podcast
- What are pre-conceived notions about death (and birth)
- Tips on what to do when someone you care about experiences a loss
- Do send a card
- Do send a text, FB message, email, etc
- Do offer an ear
- Do send food – note: ‘is there anything you don’t wanna eat?’
- Don’t ask ‘how are you really?’ unless you are ready for an answer really
- How IS Jess doing?
- Dealing with a death and your business
- Dealing with death within your podcast
- The play by play of what the She Podcast’s team did after hearing the news
- The unique power of transparency via podcast
- The amazingness of what Podfusion WILL BE. You guys. Killer!
- Elsie’s Emergency Excitement!!!! Sign up!!!!
If you have a question about Podfusion, especially if YOU should attend or not, give us send an email over! email@example.com
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- Podfest Chronicles
- What is Podfusion? On episode 126 we go into it! Listen
- Elsie’s Emergency Excitement
She Podcasts thank-you to our community helpers!
- Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
- Rebecca Council from CLR Virtual Connections
- Darlene from DarleneVictoria.com
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org