Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
Should the internet be free? How do you feel about the ads constantly in your face?
We discuss how deeply ads have started to affect our online experience, which is affecting our mental state.
They help enable our lack of focus and a further a culture of normalized attention deficit.
Are you up for paying for no ads?
And then there’s the discussion about podcasters endorsing vs sponsorships disclosures and all kinds of other little bits and pieces that we as an industry are starting to really need to clarify.
Show 117 Super Quick Re-cap!
- A little bit of a cold and other guckiness
- Halloween, parties and craft talk
- Due Date the new podcast from USA Today!
- A weekly podcast from a news station in PA
- Jess does a killer news read
- Geeky podcast by the pharma industry released in the wild
- Should we stop the ads from popping on our FACES all the time?
- All right, peeps…should the internet be for free?
- The issue with ads is that they help us NOT pay attention
- Host endorsed vs paid advertisement, and how we clarify one vs the other?
- Where’s the line between opinion and endorsement?
- Elsie does salivate over socks, yes she does
- The ethics of sponsorship and how to make a choice about who is your sponsor
- “You just Elsied all over that question” – Jess
- Weird and wild show of the week
- Phone stories! And Jess has a very inventive use case for this podcast
- Euphonet! And we bet you can’t guess what this show is about
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- USA Today Podcast: Due Date
- ABC27 Investigators launch ‘On Deadline’ weekly podcast
- Genentech’s podcasting debut taps science podcast geek chic
- Ads and Internet – should we have to pay to get rid of the ads?
- Endorsements in Podcasting: Is There a Need For Regulation?
- Phone Stories
- Cabin Socks by YakTrak
- Phone Stories
She Podcasts thank-you to our community helpers!
- Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
- Rebecca Council from CLR Virtual Connections
- Darlene from DarleneVictoria.com
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org