Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
You will NOT read (or hear, because you really do need to LISTEN) to a re-cap directly from in the trenches of the IAB Podcast Upfront 2017 quite like this one.
This re-cap will reveal insight and information from in the trenches, distilling the information from the perspective of a podcaster, podcast advertiser and branding expert spiced up with She Podcaster humor a la Jess.
Show 111 Super Quick Re-cap!
- Love and missing each other
- A random cool introduction – and no Elsie is not sitting on a husband
- What it means to be Jess at the Podcast Upfront!
- The re-cap of the Upfront begins and it involves those that could eat their young
- Quest Love and how what he said resonated with Jess so very much
- An assessment of the Podcast Upfront ‘formula’ and whether they hit or missed
- The big misfire taking advantage of how to sell podcasting to advertisers, and being a celebrity, will not do it
- The impact that Wondery had when going on stage
- A blow by blow commentary of what went down on stage at the Podcast Upfronts!
- How fashion and appearances influence the podcasting space
- Midroll stats broken down
- How Marc Maron pissed off his first advertisers and made them a bunch of cash
- Which network took credit for taking ‘undivided attention’ for listeners
- Some crazy stats from WNYC and what does ‘taking action’ actually mean
- AdLarge and Jim Brewer
- Elsie always gets info first, but THIS TIME…Jess got the info!!!!!
- The newest Edison Research revealed!
- The most expensively catered lunch, oh yum!
- Mike Rapaport started hosting and woah
- Norm Pattiz and Mike Rapaport, pure bliss it seems
- Team Podcast? Too much on your podcasting plate? Take a look at our sponsor!
- And on to Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference abridged!
- Mark Asquith’s harrowing journey to a podcast conference
- A conversation with Rob Greenlee, John Bukenas and The Jimmy
- More about the happenings at MAPCON
- Get your tickets to Podfusion!!!
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- The husband that Jess referred to
- What Elsie was actually sitting on
- The massive Podcast Upfront that Jess shared with Elsie –And now a word from our sponsor: Host-read ads and the play between niche and scale
- Mid-Atlantic Podcast Conference – MAPCON
She Podcasts thank-you to our community helpers!
- Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
- Rebecca Council from CLR Virtual Connections
- Darlene from DarleneVictoria.com
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com