Wanna Sponsor the show? Check out our Media Kit!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
Show 071 Quick-Guide
- We tried to Blab and total fail
- And then we fail again, when the wrong shownotes are shared
- Elsie doesn’t have her computer and we are BOTH jonesing
- How a woman in a meeting would say famous quotes a la Elsie and Jess
- Diving into Jennifer Lawrence and her essay all about speaking up!
- New and young, does that element play in how we express ourselves as women
- One of the biggest reasons that Elsie quit acting
- A discussion of how hard it is for us to negotiate for ourselves, agents should do a better job
- Oh, no, Jess goes off a little bit on Bradley Cooper
- And example of what it takes for women to move up from Jess
- How culture and our personality tendencies affect the way that we communicate
- It seems that we are passive aggressive, great
- We all need to be clear about how to do business with one another
- It’s time to change the conversation around women in media!
- Mr. Selfridge, the new Elsie obsession
- “What am I chopped liver?” – Jess
- Elsie asks some advice about a very touchy subject, discuss amongst yourselves
Are you direct in your conversations?
What would you do as a producer if you get the type of message that Elsie got? What would you respond?
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- The She Podcasts SpeakPipe Page. Time for YOUR voice to be featured.
- Famous quotes, the way a woman would have to say them during a meeting
- Jennifer Lawrence wrote an essay asking why she gets paid less than her male co-stars
- Because of Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper to Team Up on Negotiations With Female Co-Stars
- Cate Blanchett Is Tired of the Same Old Conversation About Women in Hollywood
- On Saying No Creatively
- Mr. Selfridge
Shop for your podcasting education!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org