Show 041 Quick-Guide
- Diving right into the response to the Feminist + podcasting conversation.
- We address the opinions from the She Podcasters group.
- Where do you stand?
- Yoga pants are distracting – and how it applies to our current podcasting discussion.
- Why Elsie has shyed away from the equality, feminist conversation.
- Getting what you're worth and knowing what you're worth.
- How to expand the conversation by narrowing the conversation to owning our own value.
- Do we chat about race issues when we feel unqualified?
- When Elsie played the 'Latina" card.
- On to a FABULOUS Huffington Post article on how podcasting has has taught some mothering lessons.
- Do you sound like you think you sound? Do you listen better when you are having an audion interview?
- A breakdown of another innovative woman produced podcast that just came into the space! The First Day Back Podcast!
- Elsie is the ULTIMATE stalker fangirl.
- A little bit of a linguistic lesson about hispanic vs latino. (Please note Jess's excitement as she shares this bit of information.)
- Ooooooh Latinos breaking into “main stream” podcasting!
- Does a podcast belong in your marketing plan? and how to know if you should have a podcast!
- “Podcasting will NOT save your ship from sinking!”
- According to Howard Stern podcasting is a bunch of nonsense and shenanigans (language via Jess, not a direct quote)
- Can you get famous JUST podcasting?
- How do you define fame?
- Elsie and Pam Anderson have something in common.
If we are having a conversation about one thing (that we know) should we have a conversation about everything?
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
- The She Podcasts SpeakPipe Page. Time for YOUR voice to be featured.
- Episode 40 – Podcasting, Feminism, and The White Male Overloads (male bashing not included)
- Knowing Your Value: Women, Money, and Getting What You're Worth by Mika Brzezinski
- Barantunde Thurston's upcoming podcast Our National Conversation About Conversations About Race
- The thread in the She Podcasts Facebook Group about Episode 40
- What Podcasting Taught Me About Motherhood (and Life)– The awesome Huffington Post article.
- The First Day Back Podcast Subscribe!
- Edison Research's The Infinite Dial
- Race info via Edison
- El Piolin on PodcastOne
- Laura Elgueta and Latiza Digital
- Christopher S Penn's article – Should Your Marketing Have A Podcast
- Marketing Over Coffee
- The She Podcasts SURVEY!!! Please fill it out 😀
Note: The “Explicit” warning intro-song is by the lovely and talented Jen Edds from Three One Seven Sound Design – in case you're looking for someone to design your brand sound and other podcasting type stuff.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com