Show 040 Quick-Guide
- If you are having troubles with Skype – some super quick troubleshooting.
- Edison Research teaming up with Triton Media to come up with podcast measurement technology – and what we think about it – and it has to do with Bobby Big-Deals, not “us.”
- Nominations for the Podcasts Awards are open! We go through who YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR!
- Jessica RANTS: On feminism and celebrities. Pet peeves gallore.
- What's exactly does feminism mean? Jessica breaks it down.
- Elsie's journey in the podcasting industry and her experience as a woman in podcasting.
- Discussing the “male dominated” in podcasting – is it about doing the work.
- Will the cream of the crop rise to the top?
- Pinterest and the impostor syndrome.
- Jess shares examples of a discussions within podcasting Facebook groups that have a higher percantage of men.
- We can't fly away at the drop of a hat.
- Mama's are in charge. Period.
- Shall we work harder to get more diversity in our shows?
- It's about Advocacy and Education says Elsie.
- Elsie as the token latino girl in hollywood – and that's why she quit.
- And then we look at the ‘top of the charts' in iTunes #ofcourse.
Will the cream rise to the top in podcasting regardless of gender? Or race?
Is it about Education?
Is it our responsibility of podcasters to not be like the rest of mainstream media?
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
- The She Podcasts SpeakPipe Page. Time for YOUR voice to be featured.
- Triton Digital partners with Edison Research to deliver podcast measurement technology
- The Podcast Awards
- Where are the women at?
- Nosillacast Podcast
- In the Male-Dominated World of Podcasts, More Women are Claiming the Mic
- The Revolution Is Nigh: 8 Female Podcasters Changing The Game
- Bella Rose from Delight Your Marriage Podcast
- Natalie Sisson on Jonathan Field's The Good Life Project
- Response in the She Podcasts FB Community about women in podcasting
- Response from the Podcast Community on FB
- Response from the Podcaster's Hangout FB group
Note: The “Explicit” warning intro-song is by the lovely and talented Jen Edds from Three One Seven Sound Design – in case you’re looking for someone to design your brand sound and other podcasting type stuff.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com