Show 008 Quick-Guide
- We begin with a discussion of Ramit Sethi’s article on charging for your podcast.
- Is your content automatically an investment?
- Does Ramit know what a podcast is? Audio files vs podcasts
- Who are the best negotiators?
- Let’s chat (again) about the type of models to charge for your podcast.
- What is the point of the Ramit article and how Elsie went out and followed his advice.
- “You can’t charge a dollar for every thought that you have” – Jessica
- Super fans and their tattoos!
- How are we like Jimmy Fallon and how did Howard Stern #fail?
- The discussion begins on the Forbes article on John Lee Dumas – get ready for your two million dollars she podcasters!
- A little bit of the Dumas background
- How does one “succeed” in podcasting? We break it down AGAIN – new podcasters wonder when they’re going to be bringing in the dough!
- Jess super duper ninja tip on paying attention in podcast interviews. Hint – it involves nail polish
- Interview with Esther Kiss on Biz Women Rock about marketing your podcast being a full-time job! – if you can’t automate marketing and scheduling = drowning
- Jess had download shame – find out why!
- Elsie lost a 5k download a day opportunity
- Stephen Dubner quote: “most of the people that are very successful are anomalous for one reason or another”
- Following a podcasting system inhibits your creativity.
- Why Elsie and Jess are great co-hosts
- Podcasting is a gold mine and relatively easy to make money – #NOT!
- Once again we go down the ethnic rabbit hole…
Is podcasting a goldmine?
What do you think about charging for your podcast right out of the gate?
Are you in podcasting to make money?
Links and Shows mentioned by Jess and Elsie
- Don McAllister’s ScreenCastsOnline
- Ramit’s article on not being cheap and going to buy something of value
- Ramit’s Negotiate App
- The Hardcore History Podcast
- The Hardcore History paid content in iTunes
- All about donations for non-douchy podcasters
- Elsie’s new pink duvet
- The Forbes article on making 2 MILLION DOLLARS podcasting…with John Lee Dumas
- Esther Kiss on Biz Women Women Rock
- The unrealistic expectations of podcasting
- Think Like A Freak book
- Interview with Stephen Dubner on the Tim Ferris Podcast
- The She Podcasts group on Facebook!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com