The AMAZING Kristen Meinzer co-hosts this episode with Elsie and they dive straight into the Netflix podcasting strategy, how mixing medium can render amazing creativity in podcasting, and a massively wise and must-listen conversation centered around Kristen’s book So You Wanna Start A Podcast, plus wrapping it up with an cool app that Elsie has been playing with PLUS guess who is the opening keynote at She Podcasts Live!?
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR TICKET YET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE EXPERIENCE? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Episode Recap: length 55:25
- Co-host time! It’s the amazing Kristen Meinzer!
- 2:49 NEWS!
- Discussing the Netflix podcasting strategy and they are not wanting to be the Netflix of podcasting
- How Elsie listened to the Always Be My Maybe director’s cut episode without watching the movie
- Kristen did research on Ally Wong’s glasses! Because oh my gosh, so cute!
- The whole mixing up the mediums for inspiration to create incredible podcasts is Kristen’s jam!
- How do you market your podcast? And discussing how for branded shows, the podcasts ARE part of the marketing department
- People’s stories are the most powerful way to strengthen our society
- 23:50 All about Kristen’s book So You Wanna Start A Podcast
- Because you know, all the same questions kept coming up over and over again!
- “We all have questions, I wanna help you answer them” – Kristen
- And her belief that every everybody’s voice is a gift and that everybody has a story ♥
- Let’s celebrate the idea that it’s accessible and less scary! And the importance of diverse voices
- You guys! She also has an audiobook that goes along with it!
- Kristen wanted the book to be the easiest book to read possible, with clear organizing principles to help you get it – with 7 very clear steps
- 30:13 This whole part (not breaking it down) is GOOOOOOOOOLLLLDDDDDDDDDD. Y’all must listen to Kristen!
- “If you can’t sell it to an audience, you can’t sell it to an advertiser either.” – Kristen
- Elsie and Jess started with an idea and then evolved into what She Podcasts is today, and it continues to evolve
- Shout-out to editors and producers that are magic makers!
- 46:48 TOOL TIPS
- 50:28 She Podcasts Live Update
- Kristen Meinzer is going to be our opening keynote! She is going to be aaaaaamazing!!!!!
- OMGOSH Kristen is launching another show called We Love You, And So Can You
- Netflix released a podcast director’s commentary track for Always Be My Maybe
- What’s Behind Netflix’s Podcast Ambitions?
- What To Watch on Netflix
- We Are Netflix
- I Hate Talking About Myself
- Strong Black Legends
- I’m Obsessed With This
- You Can’t Make This Up
- New dementia day program at Huron Lodge features podcasting studio
- **So You Want to Start a Podcast: Finding Your Voice, Telling Your Story, and Building a Community That Will Listen (PRE-ORDER THE BOOK TODAY!) Amazon aff link**
- Forecast® podcast MP3 encoder with chapters
- Kristen on Twitter
- Kristen on Instagram
- Kristen’s website
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !