A BONUS Episode taking you behind the scenes of our She Podcasts Super Squad, this time featuring Elsie’s Q&A. She answers questions about how to link to shows on Pandora since they are not available via desktop, Elsie’s workflow on keeping a reference section and why that’s important for podcasting, and OMG she’s broken up with listening to podcasts (taking time off) and why it’s not a bad thing, she addresses how to grow your Patreon listeners and why it’s ok to let your podcast die. The episode has chapter marks, so if your podcast app supports them, you can easily go to the question you wanna listen to!
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR TICKET YET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE EXPERIENCE? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Episode Recap: length 42:49
- Jess intros the show! And you guys She Podcasts LIVE ticket prices are going up August 1!
- Elsie gives us a quick behind the scenes
- 3:55 Kathy’s question about how to get the Pandora link since it’s not available on desktop
- 8:13 Elsie’s hack on keeping organized and a reference section using plain text – now using the Notes app on Mac OS
- 10:56 Elsie asks YOU a couple of important questions: how is your media consumption going? How do you stay connected to your world? What are the things that you need to do to recharge
- 13:13 Elsie stopped listening to podcasts! And she shares exactly what made her quit
- 17:20 Podcasting is cyclical and why there are times that podcast growth will not happen, and it does not mean that your podcast and your work is not valuable
- 21:41 Lisa asks about sound mixing and does it matter – and how much does it matter?
- 25:48 Top tips to grow your PATREON subscribers and what has helped us growth our Super Squad
- 35:40 Discussing an article on Medium about podfading aka your show’s life span is over
- Elsie shares that she has another podcast
- She Podcasts on Pandora!
- Notes on Mac OS
- Blitzed (aff link)
- Stay Tuned With Preet Premium
- Futuro Media Group
- In The Thick
- A Pointed Perspective on the Purported Podfading Problem
- The final episode of The Balanced Bites Podcast
- Elsie’s new show Sobre Podcasting is LIVE!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !