Update from Louisville Public Media, Elsie reveals some time-management tools, including Timery and Toggl, oh Daylight Savings really sucks, discussing the five things you need to AVOID in order to grow your podcast. Plus, we circle back to the Ambie Awards and have an in-depth discussion about what’s wrong with how podcasting award shows actually work and our dream scenario
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 1:00:02
- We are getting so much better at opening the show and being all serious about it
- Although y’all missed it (already) we were part of the best series on Clubhouse put on by our Social Media Boss, Andrea Jones which was called Unmute Yourself
- “I don’t want to talk about being canceled or what to do when I’m canceled because I never react properly.” -Jess
- 7:20 We really need to be more prepared for when something unexpected happens and they are opportunities to be better
- 9:25 Exciting update! Louisville Public Media has just launched a podcasting curator to make podcasting accessible to people in our community who have great ideas but aren’t sure how to make them happen
- 11:00 Why Elsie has been consciously timing herself to see exactly how long things take
- 11:57 Are empaths more apt to lose track of time?
- How long does it actually take to manage a community
- 13:48 Elsie loves Toggl – every couple of weeks, Elsie will send her boss a detailed time outline of where she spends her time
- 18:44 Timing yourself helps you make choices as to what you can do better and then use your time better
- 21:14 Also, Elsie is using Timerly to remove the friction to start using the timings
- Daylight savings is annoying
- 27:00 News! The five things to avoid to grow your show…
- “The reason you want big guests is for credibility, not followers.” -Jess
- Jess shares her experience on helping her cousin and the parallels between influencers and podcasters
- 41:11 we have all the things in the Super Squad!
- 40:10 How do you get people to share you show??
- 42:44 Follow up! We circle back to the Ambie Awards
- We have a solution – Podcasting, Seriously Fund
- 45:35 Jess is pitching once again doing She Podcasts awards and why Elsie finds them to be troublesome
- 49:25 Elsie finds out that they are judging awards
- We hash it out – all about awards, what works, what doesn’t
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Louisville Public Media podcast incubator via Clara
- Andrea Jones and Savvy Social
- 5 things to avoid to grow your show
- Podcasting, Seriously Fund
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!