International Women’s Day was all about the #ChooseToChallenge hashtag and how we challenge our own biases toward gender. We jump right into a debate – do we have to learn things that we don’t care about? Plus, looking at your subscriptions in Google Podcasts, the new Spotify for women, Ambie Award nominations and finally keeping all the podcasting acquisitions clear in your own head.
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 1:01:56
- Getting wished a Happy Women’s Day in the wild, so exciting
- 2:40 What should happen on International Women’s Day #choosetochallenge, people!
- 4:20 Getting off topic right off the bat with Jess rant about not wanting to know all the things
- Is it a gender thing where people are constantly trying to help you by telling you stuff? Elsie doesn’t think so, no
- 10:54 Elsie finally brings it back to podcasting
- “There is a lot of real basic misunderstanding of what even podcasting is on a technical level.” -Elsie
- Who’s responsiblity is it to know?
- If you want your podcast to succeed, you need to know how to optimize all of the fields
- 14:52 Whose fault is it when it all goes wrong?
- 16:59 Elsie shares how she works through the resistance to not wanting to know things
- 18:32 Jess associates the resistance with gender
- 25:24 News! How do I know how many people are subscribed to my show?
- You can’t get a comprehensive number of subscribers – there is simply no way to know, however, there are 3 separate places where you find more specific data: Spotify, Apple Podcasts, & Google Podcasts
- In Google Podcasts there is a place to see your subscribers!
- 34:16 Spotify is focusing on women – they have a new campaign called “Equal”
- Will they follow through? How will we know whether or not the initiative move forward?
- The Spotify marketing team is awesome
- 41:57 The Podcast Academy unveils their first Ambies Awards nominees!
- 164 nominees! It’s mostly professional podcasts
- Did you know that the nominations were open?
- 51:42 It’s about pushing the podcasting industry forward
- 55:08 Now you know who owns who in the podcasting space! So cool!
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes” (my.community.com/shepodcasts))
- Spotify Focuses On Women
- Full List: Podcast Academy Unveils First Ambies Awards Nominees – Variety
- Who Owns Who In Podcasting?. Are you getting lost trying to figure… | by Evo Terra | Mar, 2021 | Medium
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!