Supporting companies that you don’t agree with? Supporting people that work for you that you don’t agree with? Who should make the choices? Who needs to moderate? Then, Spotify and their scary patent that’s moderating users’ speech. Connect 302–240–3425
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 58:09
- We jump right into the conversation of — to share or not to share, highlighted through two examples
- Always make choices based on your values
- 8:00 We debate, who has the responsiblity? Should providers be liable?
- What are your thoughts? Email email@example.com – we can’t wait to hear from you!
- You are the boss!
- When you see something you cannot unsee it anymore — it is
- 15:50 Do we stop people from using our services if their beliefs are different from ours?
- 17:14 Making hard decisions requires a deep look into your own behavior
- 20:22 What does it take for folks to not cancel a company?
- 21:33 A tweet from Daphne Keller about deplatforming internet regulations and the disparate impact of moderation tools and those that are marginalized
- Most companies are making decisions based on obscurity – ‘hopefully no one notices what’s there.’
- 28:47 All of these debates should go back to the mission and vision of that company
- The way we were raised and the lens in which we were taught to use are hard to break and often post the biggest problems
- 31:11 Elsie shares about how she was raised
- It’s ORTHOREXIA!!!
- 38:08 Our sponsor! Stacy Sims reveals how you can make money from podcasting! Do it!
- 40:43 News! Spotify wants to know your emotional state, gender, age, or accent
- Plus, they are going to monitor the background noise and speech of its users 🥺
- Audio is very nuanced, can you gather emotion only by listening?
- China is home to a growing market for dubious emotion recognition technology
- And we completely devolved into crazy talk about music assumptions and people
- Join The Super Squad
- Text us: 302–240–3425
- Get Paid To Podcast Webinar
- Tweet by Daphne Keller about deplatforming and moderation
- What is Orthorexia
- China is home to a growing market for dubious “emotion recognition” technology
- Spotify Secures Horrifying Patent to Monitor Users’ Speech
- Surviving The Podfade
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Take the quiz to see if you’re ready to make money podcasting!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!