Chatting about how Apple is in talks with production companies to launch a subscription service. An off we go with all the speculation! Discussing whether or not podcasting was a lousy bet for Spotify (like Jessica predicted last week – literally on the latest episode that we had – LITERALLY). Right-wing extremism & censorship in podcasting. Discovering how Condé Nast created a mess with their podcasting strategy + Elsie loves on her new M1 Mac! Connect 302–240–3425
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR SANEBOX!
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 51:56
- 2:10 Sanebox will keep your inbox nice and clean x
- 3:38 News! Apple is in talks with production companies to launch a subscription service
- Is it going to be adding more plusses?
- It is all speculation all the time about what Apple is going to do but we have no idea
- 12:35 The part where Jess was right about the massive purchases Spotify has made!
- How exactly do podcast listeners become podcast listeners vs your audience
- Do we care how people are consuming our content?
- We debate: is the Spotify end game of converting music listeners to podcast listeners even working?
- 16:22 While on the other hand, Yahoo Finance says to invest in Spotify – so BOTH
- 21:05 The Bottle of Wax time
- 23:30 Right-wing extremism is thriving via podcasts and yes, we discuss
- So, who gets to decide what’s dangerous?
- Misinformation is a catchy word – everything is nuanced, and it all depends
- What platforms need to do? And based on their TOS it’s very not clear
- 29:45 It’s all about POWER
- 38:54 How do you scale moderating podcasts?
- 40:30 Condé Nast created a poop show
- TL;DR according to our audience watching live “podcasting is not easy”
- 46:32 Tool Tips! Elsie’s M1 MacBook Air
- Join The Super Squad
- Apple One
- Report: Apple in talks with production companies to launch ‘podcasting subscription service’ – 9to5Mac
- Apple Plans Podcasting Subscription Service in Threat to Spotify
- Was Podcasting A Bad Bet For Spotify? – Podcast Business Journal
- Spotify Technology (SPOT) Would Be One of Most Compelling Growth Stocks This Decade
- Beyond Twitter and Facebook, Right-Wing Extremism Thrives Via Podcasting
- Criminal Minds S13 E9 False Flag
- Condé Nast Entertainment wanted a major podcast network, but the producers say they got burned instead
- MacBook Air M1
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!