As we go into Thanksgiving week a recap of how the COVID–19 surge has been affecting both Elsie and Jess, which leads them down the rabbit hole of holiday preparations and cooking #fails. In the podcasting realm, the power of host read ads, preparing for not making money with sponsors and 2 new super cool tech tools!
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 49:08
- :58 Jess guesses how Elsie is doing now that everyone is getting COVID
- “Nothing is different.” -Elsie
- Jess on the other hand has things going on with school and all the things
- 4:45 Elsie shares the children’s schedule and their outing in town once a week
- 8:36 Whole Foods is sold out of turkeys already
- Jess tries to convince Elsie to cook the turkey while Elsie is not quite amped up to cook one
- Jess says Thanksgiving is one of the only meals that she knows how to cook
- 11:07 Elsie failed at roasting a chicken and more Thanksgiving preparation stories
- 19:30 NEWS: Podcast ads perform, host-reads outperform
- Announcer-reads generated 11 lifts, while host-reads generated 91% more, for a total of 21 lifts.
- Overall, read the ad yourself
- If you want to prerecord the ad, do so, but keep in mind if you make it sound recorded, then you are not doing your advertiser any service
- 25:55 Two great quotes that are about making sure that you as a podcaster are aware of the advertising space
- Sherpa leggins!!!! What???
- 31:20 Elsie’s daughters are into an anime series called My Hero Academia and how weird it was that she’s getting articles suggested that have to do with that topic!
- 33:02 Buzzsprout has added some extra tags to their podcast feeds
- It is a cool functionality but as with anything else the tool only works when you have the workflow optimized
- What do you think of this new functionality from Buzzsprout? Send us feedback!
- A lot of people just do things for their podcast but never ask if that work is giving them results
- 42:30 Tool Tips: Little recorders! Zoom F2 and Zoom F2- BT
- Elsie bought a new toy called Camo!
- 46:45 Elsie and Jess are doing their QAs via Zoom instead of what we were using before!
- Join The Super Squad
- Podcast Ads Perform, Host-Reads Outperform
- Entercom Q3 Revenue Declines 30%
- Visual Soundbites are now in your RSS feed
- Zoom F2 and F2-BT: field recorders that can fit in your pocket
- Reincubate Camo
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!