Guys, dude, gendered language, and independence day. We have follow-ups about Mueller, She Wrote, and we continue to dive into a complex discussion on IP, owning your back catalogue, contracts, ownership and all kinds of other stuff that the growing podcasting industry now has to deal with. And of course, we finish off talking about the latest deadly robot spider in podcasting aka the Zoom H8.
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 58:49
- July 4th afterglow and the random fireworks
- 2:34 Why Elsie is trying to stop saying “you guys”
- 3:50 “Dude” for Elsie is an interjection
- 9:50 The entire Spanish language is gendered
- 11:44 Feedback from Berry from Podcasts in Color
- 13:30 Feedback from Daniel Lewis re: Apple not being able to talk about anything anywhere
- 14:14 We generally learn by example
- 15:44 Can companies do confidentiality agreements? Cancel culture and it’s impact
- 20:48 NEWS: Intellectual property of The Nod With Brittany & Eric
- 23:16 “Your salary is what you’re being paid to do this show” – Jess
- 26:01. “They’re not trying to do anything other than replicate what already exists in that is something that I am 100% against” – Elsie
- 29:23 Your RSS feed and your back catalogue is INSANELY important
- When TV shows are cancelled and the audience fights back
- 36:02 Howard Stern’s smartness
- 41:48 There is a number out there when we can retire and be internet detectives
- 47:12 Memberful our amazing sponsor!
- 48:09 Podthon is coming up! Attend, attend, attend!
- 49:27 Who are the Latinos in Podcasting?
- 50:49 TOOL TIPS
- Zoom H8 looks like a gigantic deadly robot spider
- Have you heard of Pod.Link?
- Captivate does the same thing
- So does Wavve and Plink
- Attend Podthon: A Virtual Speakers Roundtable for Podcasters
- Berry’s tweets re: Mueller, She Wrote
- Top Gamer Byron ‘Reckful’ Bernstein Commits Suicide – Had Struggled With Depression
- Hosts of The Nod podcast want Spotify to Hand Over their Podcast
- Edison Research: Latino Podcast Listener Report
- Zoom H8 Recorder
- Podfest Global
- Elsie webinar with Juleyka and Martina! “Who Are Latinos in Podcasting?”
- The Talking Llamas
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !