How proud we are of Podcast Movement and everything that they have achieved. I mean, oh my goodness. And then we go all in on discussing the goings on at #Evolutions2020, about the new Golden Mics, Academy of Podcasters announcement, what it means to have awards, why we need them, how She Podcasts Live’s feel was so special – and Elsie CRIES! – and we finish off with a dream scenario of who needs to be on the board of governors and an organization that will solve all the world’s podcasting problems 🤪
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR VIRTUAL TICKET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE 2019? DO IT TODAY!
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month! (Only until January 2020 – after that price goes up to $10/mo)
Episode Recap: length 57:03
- Getting right to it, what is Podcast Movement and OMGOSH we are so very proud of them!
- Jess is feeling tons of regrets for not being at Podcast Movement Evolutions
- Elsie starts correcting the record, right away!
- Jess follows up by summarizing the WTF that went down at #Evolutions2020
- Let’s not use the current models in the entertainment industry to create awards because what currently exists totally sucks!
- We do have power, people!
- Why Elsie likes Twitter over Facebook and prefers Twitter threads and so she wrote one that Jess feels was super long
- Don’t say you are the first!
- What are some amazing topics that journalists covering podcasting could tackle
- Shouting out Apple Podcasts!
- Where does Elsie’s experience in podcasting comes from and “we built this city!”
- The majority of the people that donated to our campaign
- OMG Elsie starts crying!!! Oh geez.
- Jess picks up the convo as Elsie gets herself together because there was no feeling of insecurity
- The community needs to be allowed to speak and be given opportunities
- What does what they’re playing have anything to do with what we’re playingj
- What kind of privilige are we talking about here
- When you play the legacy media games, sacrifices are made
- In independent podcasting for years that experience really matters
- What would be the perfect way to make the dream board of governors
- Listener representation people!
- Building these type of organizations take a lot of time and resources – a lot of time and resources
- We would love your thougths people, be kind and gentle people!
- We have a special meet-up at Podfest for the Super Squad! Saturday, March 7!
- Podcast Movement
- The Podcast Academy: Hernan Lopez keynote at Podcast Movement Evolutions video + transcript!
- The Podcast Academy launches: the speech, the Q and A, the reaction
- Elsie’s loooong Twitter thread on the whole Academy of Podcasters thing
- The History Chicks
- Jen Briney from Congressional Dish
- Jim Harold
- Podcasting’s Biggest Mistake
- Did Wondery Kill The Podcaster Hall of Fame?
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !