Beginning with a harrowing nightmare from Jess involving Dan Franks, going straight into some podcast industry predictions, of course we have something to say to podcasters about the whole Spotify has a new streaming ad insertion technology thing, building your business on someone else’s platform, a couple of awesome job opportunities in podcasting and Elsie found an amazing new tech tool that she’s so excited about, but the rest of the She Podcasts Team doesn’t get.
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR VIRTUAL TICKET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE 2019? DO IT TODAY!
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month! (Only until January 2020 – after that price goes up to $10/mo)
Episode Recap: length 1:01:43
- We are so excited to be back, happy new decade!
- Man, we’re getting old
- And Jess and John find out something about Elsie they had no idea about
- 3:29 Jess had a horrible dream about Dan Franks
- Can we get Jess some dream analysis please?
- 8:59 Jess was in the Crystal Ball series sharing her thoughts about podcasting’s future
- Lots of companies are developed based on a need but they don’t know the “space”
- MORE WOMEN says Jessica Kupferman!
- 18:30 NEWS
- Spotify is adding their own streaming ad insertion technology
- The majority of platforms in the space have ToS that don’t allow them to insert ads into your show unless you gave them permission!
- All we want is a choice. A choice – yes or no
- 27:01 Should you build your business on someone else’s platform?
- “Good, fast and cheap” – you can only have two of them people!
- Bueno, bonito y barato!
- A bit of reporting from CES, thought and podcasts in cars!
- 32:00 Podcasting is by far more ubiquitous, cars, planes and all the places
- John has a theory that makes us go “hmmmmmm”
- Access vs censorship
- 39:20 Oh the pain of “unlimited” – it’s a lie – Elsie has receipts (talking ot you US Cellular)
- 41:07 The Google Podcasts app got and update and a bit of an Elsie prediction
- 46:06 Exciting job opportunities in podcasting
- On Air Fest – a super intriguing audio project!
- 70 Million is looking for pitches! (500-word pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 53:00 Elsie’s exciting new tool!!! TripMode!!!
- There are limits to hotspots, help Elsie out
- Podcasting’s Crystal Ball With Jessica Kupferman
- Live Streaming & Digital Media: 160 Predictions for 2020
- Spotify brings streaming ad insertion technology to podcasts
- CES Notebook: Podcasting Had Buzz At This Year’s Tech Show
- Google Podcasts app gets another big Android feature
- On Air Residency Program
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !