This time thankful for not being completely incontinent right out of the gate, we give you insider info into all kinds of awesome saving for Podfest and the She Podcasts Live Virtual Ticket – but the main chunk of content is discussing what it really takes to podcast solo…as in YOU doing ALL the things!
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR VIRTUAL TICKET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE? DO IT TODAY! Get it for $150! (Price is $199) Use coupon code CYBERMONDAY only for She P listeners 🙏🏽
Say hello to our Sponsor Meet Edgar! Follow them on Twitter (@MeetEdgar) and tap here to say hello to them with a premade tweet! SIGN UP and use the coupon code SHEPODCASTS to get your first month for $1 and the sign up for a new pricing tier perfect for podcasters 🙃
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month! (Only until January 2020 – after that price goes up to $10/mo)
Episode Recap: length 44:51
- Wait another Thanksgiving episode? LOL
- Jess just came back from working out and being successful at not being her pants #goals
- “I’m not incontinent, I have surprise sneezes” HA!
- 4:34 PODFEST FUN GIVEAWAYS! Go get on the email! ONLY FOR CYBER MONDAY
- 5:25 We have the most amazing sponsor Meet Edgar
- 8:30 NEWS
- We begin with a full on breakdown of what it takes to be a “solo podcaster”
- Is ignorance the word? Can there be another word?
- Not very many people come to hang out and live in Podcasting Town
- In kindness, we talk about this in kindness
- Is respect missing from this article? Do we feel like it’s a bit of complaining? Or are we all in the same boat?
- Ya’ll there’s something to be said about doing a co-hosted show
- We know that podcasting is lonely and it’s why we had She Podcasts Live!
- Hang out with the PODCASTING LOCALS PEOPLE!
- It is about getting the scoop on all the bits and pieces about the podcasting space
- Do we really want our family listening to our podcast
- OMGAAAAAHHHH Akashic records!
- Okay folks, does your family actually listen to your podcast?
- We don’t know what’s going to resonate with people, but we cannot expect everyone to love all the things that we do
- You are not going to be for everybody!
- If you’re going to be a successful solo podcaster your content is one part of your job
- For whatever reason, most peeps keep thinking that podcast download numbers are HUGE – ya’ll that’s not the case for 90% of us
- Why did Jennifer Aniston get on IG? Y’all she needed to get their profile up for the Morning Show!
- We’ve been podcasting since 2014 and we’re just getting to 1k dl/mo! I mean.
- We mentioned Jess’s prediction in 2018 that Spotify would eat Apple’s lunch – and how that gives you an opportunity to expand beyond Apple Podcasts
- Android users cannot listen to your content! Stop that! You are ignoring a huge part of the podcasting space
- 41:40 All about She Podcasts Live virtual ticket! Y’all you must get this amazing ticket! And for a discount! Use CYBERMONDAY
- OMG how to find out how people have your back and you are not alone!
- Sign up for the Podfest newsletter for special Cybermonday deals!
- What I learned as a “Solo Podcaster”
- The Morning Show
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !