What happens when Elsie and Jess allow for natural consequences in their families? Sadness? Anger? Which brings us to how one podcasting industry dude celebrated a 5th birthday in the space. Frustrated? Elsie has you covered on that one as she discusses audio leveling and having appropriate conversations in proper venues that are helpful for the majority of people.
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Episode Recap: length 58:51
- Oh, remember the days when Elsie had to go gather wood to stay warm through the winter
- Oh, the pain of natural consequences and Isaac as the Sith Lord
- When Elsie’s little girl lost her beloved rainbow bear
- And Jess did something crazy on the highway when her son’s toy flew out the window!
- 12:55 PODCASTERS TEST YOUR WORKFLOW BEFORE YOU RECORD!
- 15:40 What’s the depressing 5 year old birthday?
- Hot Pod finally printed some of all of our thoughts
- Are podcasters overwhelming bummed out and negative? People, chime in
- ALL media is NY City-centric
- “Why aren’t they looking for Wyoming talent?” – omg Jess
- Hot Pod has the same birthday as Libsyn!
- Libsyn won the best podcast host! (In IG stories)
- 27:55 We start by discussing a quote from our friend Mark Asquith
- So should a podcaster that doesn’t level their audio teach a podcasting 101 workshop?
- Elsie is using colorful language and it has to do with leveling
- Sharing our Auphonic love!!! And you need to get the red one
- 39:08 Awesome audio feedback from Civilla Morgan!
- People are going to outgrow your content, and that is perfectly ok
- 42:37 Elsie’s rant on having conversations in the appropriate place and not expecting to have access to everyone all the time
- Framing everything as a public discussion is very disempowering
- 49:10 Elsie’s dream to contact companies or organizations re: policy, business practices, etc.
- 54:10 How insightful and HELPFUL conversation actually happen using social media appropriately
- As Hot Pod turns 5, these are the problems podcasters are most frustrated by
- Why do podcast companies try to complicate things?
- Happy 15th Birthday Libsyn landing page!
- The Podcast Collective on IG
- Civilla from Childless Not By Choice
- Why Are We Still Having a Manufactured Debate About LATINX? (the episode that Elsie was talking about at the end of the show)
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !