Pulling back the curtain on one of Elsie’s bad habits on how she makes decisions and doesn’t tell anyone which leads Jess and Elsie to hash out the age old debate on banter and going off topic vs staying on task and how that affects our possible audience growth? We also tackle topics that range from Podchaser features, to some very interesting Spotify data on listening, the Winter Podcasting Upfronts, the Asian American Podcasting Community and so much more!
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Episode Re-cap: length 1:05:32
- When Elsie decides stuff and doesn’t tell Jess, implements and then tells no one – awesome
- A bit of insight into Elsie’s youth and why she does what she does
- The reason this came about was because Elsie was feeling frustrated in how we were preparing and recording She Podcasts Episodes
- And the conversation between banter vs ‘value’ comes into play
- She Podcasts is different, it’s not your run of the mill podcast about podcasting
- There are times that Elsie feels that we could do better at explaining the type of show that we have so that we could grow the show
- Jess invites the audience to give us feedback! So what do you guys think about this banter vs planning debate: email@example.com
- Also, how do YOU handle your co-hosts when decisions need to be made
- 28:15 NEWS
- Podchaser featured Elsie! Yeah!
- You guys, you can create super cool curated playlists to share with your peeps!
- Spotify should focus on podcasts via Morgan Stanley, what?
- You can totally give out podcasts as gifts! And we share how! Yay, Gretchen Rubin!
- Elsie expands on why giving the gift of podcasts is important and how you can do this too!
- Jess, with great excitement shares what went down in the Winter Upfronts in LA!
- Elsie chats about why advertisers need to understand that shows have a LONG LIFE SPAN. Long. Life. Span.
- And what have you bought via podcast?
- How podcasts are incredibly important for connecting people and helping people feel less alone
- The Asian American Podcast Community! Go Lee, go!
- 59:40 Weird and Wild Show of The Week!
- Congratulations to Creative Next for their launch!!! Everyone needs to go subscribe!!! Elsie is so proud of them!
- If you have been lurking in the background about signing up for Elsie’s The E-League, now is your chance! Click here
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- Best Podcasts for Podcasters via Buzzsprout
- Elsie featured on Podchaser
- Podcasts About Podcasting list via Podchaser
- Spotify should focus on podcasts, Morgan Stanley says
- Give the Gift of a Podcast
- 5 things we learned at the Winter Podcast Upfronts
- Americans feel alone. Can YouTube videos and podcasts help?
- Asian American Podcasting Group
- Creative Next!
- Apply for The Spring E-League!
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org