Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
Show 063 Quick-Guide
- Our condolences to the slain reporter and camera man shot and killed in Virginia
- Thank you Amy Robles for your feedback on BossJock!
- You cannot sing happy birthday on a podcast!
- Jen wrote a song for BossJock! And it’s awesome 🙂
- Pink Yoga pants makes a debut!
- Jess is not a big safety girl and Elsie is and this is why we need have this conversation!
- Self preservation comes from your up-bringing
- Elsie shares her background of living in El Salvador during the civil war
- Where are your boundaries as a content creator? The crux of the conversation
- Jess resists a bit – and shares her background and where she stands
- Elsie tells her story of being held-up two block away from my house
- Jess was online dating back in the day peeps!
- Should you meet your listeners (fans) from online in real life?
- We discuss the hashtag #YesAllWomen
- Latino men – is it latino men – we don’t
- Some tips about staying safe, all revolving around the wisdom of Callie Fulmer
- What is your thing? Make sure you figure out your boundaries
- There is an art and science to sharing online
- How Gary V chooses the life that he shares with us and how that aligns with Elsie’s vision
- Be present where you are – stop with the constant tweeting
- Make your choices – create your boundaries – when you are comfortable
- You need to practice what you are going to say, in every situation that matters to you regarding privacy
- Other ways in which you can be secure and private about your work and life online
- How do you get rid of the people that are stalking you online? We start to chat about that!
- SPEAK UP WHEN YOU START BEING UNCOMFORTABLE – right away!
- Let’s stop with the taciturn permission
What do you think? Should you meet your friends online? What do you have any worries?
Let us know what privacy issues you wanna chat about! Or if there are any specific situations that you want our opinion about or have solved for yourself?
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- The She Podcasts SpeakPipe Page. Time for YOUR voice to be featured.
- Two WDBJ7 employees shot and killed; suspected shooter kills himself
- Amy Robles from Think Enriched
- Jen Edds from The Brassy Broadcast and 317 Sound Design
- Emily Sings from Fivvr
- Callie Fulmer from Possibility Sparks
- Gary V’s Facebook post on work/life balance
- Making your FB profile a FB Page
- Megan Pangan (the lovely one that shot our pics!)
Our awesome sponsors
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org