Show 026 Quick-Guide
- Welcome Espree Devora!
- The story of a beginner podcaster who finds out podcasting is IT.
- Does podcasting have a reputation that you cannot make money directly from podcasting?
- What does it really take to build a business where your podcast IS the business?
- LOVE as a key factor in podcasting as a business.
- A conversation about the crazy-ness of what’s going on with the podcast “Serial” and the crazy phenomenon.
- Society is ready for podcasting now – and it manifested itself via Serial.
- A bit of wisdom from a new podcast trendsetter via Donna Papacosta.
- What are the factors that have driven podcasting into the main stream media.
- We need to teach our audience how to subscribe and/or listen to our podcasts – all the different ways that you can do it.
- Espree’s podcast distribution strategy, which includes Stitcher, Soundcloud and iTunes, and how she uses each.
- The theory of engagement in a podcast: plot, authentic emotion, companionship.
- Espree got Alex Blumberg to introduce her podcast!!!
- There are no rules for podcasting, peeps. You make the rules.
- Espree has a challenge! Who do you want to meet? Why? And why it would be mutually beneficial for BOTH of you.
- Alex Blumberg is on the show – by proxy 😉
- @hunterwalk’s tweet about “Tech industry discovers podcasting!”
- “Is podcasting going to be a hits-driven business, or can you make a business out of having moderate successes?”
- Community is SO important. And whether it’s financially viable is yet to be proven.
- Elsie does not want the definition of success in podcasting to be tied to download numbers – a paradigm needs to be changed.
- Elsie found Espree on Medium and stalked her and now she’s here and part of the community.
- The scoop on the awesomeness of WeAreLATech.
Go in for THE ask! Make a list of people that you wanna meet and/or connect with. Why
Report back on the She Podcasts FB Group a week from TODAY!
Links mentioned by Espree and Elsie!
- Donna Papacosta’s article about a podcasting renaissance
- The Hardcore History Podcast
- Ira Glass Video: How To Listen To A Podcast
- Episode 34 of The Feed where Rob Walch talks about the truth about New & Noteworthy
- ‘This American Life’ Producer Raises $1.5 Million for Podcast Startup Gimlet
- TWiT and Leo Laporte
- Tom Merritt’s highly successful Patreon that is up to 13k + per month
- “Tech industry discovers podcasting” tweet by @hunterwalk
- Here I am Naked, Fan Funding. The article that Espree wrote that Elsie found.
- The WeAreLATech Patreon!!!
- LinkedIn. You can do a free month.
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org