Show 017 Quick-Guide
- Elsie shares how the inspiration for this podcast while listening to Balanced Bites
- How honest should you be when somebody asks about a product?
- How big does the brand have to be before you can fully trash it?
- There’s a huge responsibility in recommending or denying a service.
- You need to make sure that when you make suggestions about podcasting, you know the circumstances and resources of the producer/production.
- What are the boundaries behind reviewing a podcast episode on the show?
- Elsie got some not so positive feedback on her yoga podcast – she talks too much – in her podcast.
- Do not judge a book by it’s cover.
- Watch out! Lady with a podcast! And a Facebook Page and Instagram and…and she’s letting it all go.
- When do you choose to censor yourself and when do you speak out? Elsie breaks it down.
- So…profanity…is it ever ok? We go deep people. Deep.
- “I succeeded by saying what everyone else is thinking” – Joan Rivers
- Speak your mind. Be straight up.
- If you do speak your mind get your facts straight – someone might call you out because of what you said.
- How can you be objective when you belong to an specific industry and you’re buddy buddy with everyone?
Are you 100% honest about product recommendations?
What are the boundaries of you reviewing a product, service or show?
What phrase did you use BESIDES a curse word if you have stubbed or broken a toe? Anybody, anybody?
What is our responsibility as NEW media, new ‘journalists?’
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- The Balanced Bites Podcast Episode
- Elsie on the Podcaster’s Roundtable
- Pod on Pod the podcast that shares the best podcasts so you don’t waste your time.
- Turning a critical review into something positive – Elsie’s post about dealing with negative criticism
- The Authentic Weather App
- Why the #$%! Do We Swear? For Pain Relief
- The Brand Vous Program
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org