Show 007 Quick-Guide
- iOS 8 beta release and how that affects podcasting possibilities – it’s the start of podcasting as a ubiquitous medium
- Start optimizing your descriptions in the Podcasts App yo!
- Super cool updates coming to the Mac via the latest upcoming OS release Yosemite. hint: you might not need Skype. Wowza.
- Elsie and Jess go off on discussing possible workflows recording the cell phone calls on the Mac
- How much Ummms and Aaaaaahs should you edit out of your podcast aka Elsie freaks Jessica out.
- How in the heck do you get better at doing interviews? Many tactics are revealed.
- The “Hello? Hellooooo? Are you there?” issue
- People who are really fussy about listening…maybe should lighten up a little bit…we totally went there.
- We are essentially the audio version of the Blair Witch Project. Listen for wha that means 🙂
- Whoever you interview will influence the way that you respond to the conversation
- How do you warm up your interviewee before you get on the show? Jessica shares her super secret sauce
- How much interview show prep is TOO MUCH!
- When questions really help your interviewee
- Interview workflows – what works for you?
- Why Jessica chose Schedule One and how to choose the best scheduling tool for you?
- Elsie goes on a dual rant about somethings that makes her crazy about podcasters and promotion
- How to help your guests promote YOU!
- Two key take aways: take responsibility for your promotion and get clear on what’s mandatory for your guest to fill out
- Elsie’s first introduction to marketing and the first product she ever bought about doing the best interviews you can.
What is your interview workflow for your guests?
What are the things that you dislike about being on other people’s podcast?
What are some challenges that you’ve come across when setting up your systems for your interviews?
Links and Shows mentioned by Jess and Elsie
- Audio Hijack Pro
- The Terry Gross Interview
- Dave Jackson from The School of Podcasting
- The Blair Witch Project
- Schedule One
- Time Trade
- Susan Bratton’s Podcast
- Susan Bratton’s Interviewing product: Masterful Interviews
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org