We’re back from the magic that was #SPL21! Slumber Party, joy, amazing team! And of course, a raw debrief about what it really took to pull of She Podcasts Live, as candid and transparent as always. Jess and Elsie bring it! Team She Podcasts is asking for feedback. We need you to weigh in! LISTEN and reach out!
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 43:03
- 1:28 A breakdown of the pajama party
- Jess ordered DoorDash to bring her Halloween candy, and she saved one bag for herself
- 6:15 She Podcasts Live 2022 vs. 2023
- Jess announced She Podcasts Live would be in May 2023
- However, our team wanted to do the next one in October 2022 because …. people want it!!!
- Many people think it’s already too late to plan something for 2022
- “I spent most of the of COVID feeling very grateful for my situation.” -Jess
- Hopefully, people never have to sell an event in a pandemic again (a prayer)
- 8:22 Our team was incredible! And Elsie lays out exactly what we are missing
- 12:24 Elsie would not choose the stress and anxiety over quality of life
- SELF CARE SELF CARE SELF CARE!!!
- 17:09 Jess is high off of the enthusiasm and feedback for the next conference, because the feedback was so positive for She Podcasts Live
- “People often say that you forget how hard it was to have the baby when you had a baby.” -Elsie
- She Podcasts Live was transformational in countless ways
- However, it didn’t go without a lot of sacrifices from Elsie and Jess
- People are begging to come back – it is a great problem to have
- You shouldn’t have to worry about losing your house to have a podcast conference
- She Podcasts Live is in a different situation than Podcast Movement
- Podcast Movement has money in a bank to plan conferences
- If a sponsor doesn’t pay up, then Jess would personally be in debt
- She Podcasts Live needs to be funded differently
- For the most part, people buy tickets the month before the event
- Luckily, She Podcasts has a Libsyn partnership is for a year
- John says there is an amazing untapped market
- Elsie says that we need to pay attention to our mental health
- “You need to be in a position where you feel that you are okay as a human.” -Elsie
- 35:00 Jen (our event planner) jumps into the conversation! We love Streamyard
- “The challenges that you’re facing right now are not unique to you.” -Jen
- The whole point of the event is to serve the community, and the community is asking for it – WE WANT YOUR FEEDBACK!!! 302–240–3425
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!