A special co-host! Stephen Hackett! Co-founder of Relay FM and host of several shows on the network. KEY THING: Get to know about the Podcastathon, and Relay’s relationship with St. Jude. Stephen dives deep into the nuts and bolts of running a podcast network, including his workflow, management systems, and when they started hiring employees. For anyone looking to build something astounding with podcasting, you will be 🤯. Help Relay reach their goal and donate to St. Jude!
Have you added your show onto Amazon Music? You are missing out if you have not! Add your show to Amazon Music. Thank you so much for your sponsoring the show 🙏🏽
TIME FOR SHE PODCASTS LIVE! IT’S COMING SOONER THAN YOU KNOW! – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY! http://shepodcasts.com/live
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 54:37
- A huge welcome to Stephen Hackett from Relay FM, and Elsie gushes
- 2:43 What is the Podcastathon and why it’s so important to Stephen and his family
- How the relationship between Relay.FM and St. Jude began
- Since 2018, the Relay FM community has raised nearly $1 million for the kids of St. Jude
- She Podcasts community! It’s time for you to donate!
- “Podcasting can be a real force for good.” -Stephen
- Podcasters can be an incredible conduit for change
- 14:53 Starting a network, what does it really mean to start and run a network
- The roots of Relay.FM and how they solved a problem that they wanted to solve for themselves
- How the brand developed and informed the content that Relay created and developed through the network
- The expansiveness of curiosity and obsessiveness is what keeps a cohesive vision
- 22:04 Stephen shares about what he and Myke had set as their business plan
- 26:03 What are the tools that were absolutely necessary to start the network
- A content management system!
- Advertising management system! Tracking, oh goodness
- 35:49 The beginnings of starting a membership
- Oh, the pivot of building the membership for real because of the pandemic
- What it took to create the community, plus what they offered members
- Long term is going to be more centered around the membership
- 40:50 Just pivoting into a membership doesn’t mean that it will be successful
- There is a difference between a business model and making money
- Stephen bre
- 45:22 Amazon Music! Get your show into amazon music, today! #sponsor
- 47:47 Clara asks how to manage your files and workflow for said files
- A really amazing breakdown of file management for podcasts, including what to keep, what to let go of and WHY!
- Source content can be very valuable! And think about your future needs
- Where you can connect with Stephen and buy your ticket for She Podcasts Live!
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Relay FM for St. Jude
- Donate to St. Jude! Help Relay meet their goal! And the Podcastathon!
- September is National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month This is Stephen’s story
- Connect with Stephen on Twitter
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
*It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!