WUT? Someone got an adjustable bed? 😏 First round of speakers for #SPL21 and The amazing She Podcasts Shindig over at #PM21 💃🏽 Moving from Apple to Netflix and is the strategy ALWAYS to become a TV series? Or a TV series to podcast? And time to come clean, Elsie is officially part of the Daddy Gang, Jess is none too happy about that
Nominate a podcast! We love the International Women’s Podcast Awards https://shepodcasts.com/awards and are thrilled to have them as our new sponsor 🙏🏽
Looking to get an amazing podcast website in 5 min? Check out Podpage http://podpage.com/shepodcasts! Another delicious sponsor ❤️
What if you want to share little bits of audio, like an audio journal? Check out our sponsor Swell! It does just that!
TIME FOR SHE PODCASTS LIVE! IT’S COMING SOONER THAN YOU KNOW! – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY! http://shepodcasts.com/live
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 42:53
- Weekends! Working out for Elsie – again. “My brain really works when it’s moving.” -Elsie
- 3:30 Jess has a new bed! And it’s adjustable, who knew?
- Side note: an adjustable bed can be great for intimate life. “It would take the pressure off of having to use arms and things.” -Elsie
- “Anything different after 16 years is like an adventure.” -Jess
- There are parts of this conversation that would be best served by watching, did you know we stream live on our Facebook Page every Monday? Now you do
- 9:22 SWELL!!! Our awesome sponsor!!!
- 10:39 The challenges of planning a party online
- Jess learned that she is not an event planner and Elsie has always known she is a not an event planner
- She Podcasts Live!!! Soooo excited!!!!
- 18:05 The first round of speakers has been announced! Will we have another one?
- 19:35 Podcast Movement 2021!!! And we’re hosting a networking party!!!!! Attend, attend, attend!
- 21:07 News! Netflix hires ex-Apple executive to lead podcasting operations
- It’s a big deal because they’ve never had a director of podcasting before
- 25:44 Catch and Kill is becoming a documentary (after being a book and a podcast)
- There’s a time and place for turning your podcast into a TV series
- Podcasters need to have a proper pitch beyond just a podcast
- 35:47 Call Her Daddy – Alexandra did her very first live meet-up in Chicago
- 38:37 Podpage! Create a podcast website in under five minutes
- Elsie is going live in the She Podcasts Facebook group sharing podcasting news on Thursday
- Jess is going live in the She Podcasts Group to talk about She Podcasts Live on Wednesday!
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Netflix Hires Ex-Apple Executive to Lead Podcasting Operations – Bloomberg
- ‘Catch and Kill: The Podcast Tapes’ Review – The Hollywood Reporter
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!