Covering the Call Her Daddy 60 million deal with Spotify, Facebook podcasts, live Audio Rooms, and new FB Group Admin tools. Then it’s Spotify buying Podz and launching Greenroom. Lastly, so much emotion about Elsie rushing and why social media is driving Jess bonkers.
Nominate a podcast! We love the International Women’s Podcast Awards https://shepodcasts.com/awards and are thrilled to have them as our new sponsor 🙏🏽
Looking to get an amazing podcast website in 5 min? Check out Podpage http://podpage.com/shepodcasts! Another delicious sponsor ❤️
TIME FOR SHE PODCASTS LIVE! IT’S COMING SOONER THAN YOU KNOW! – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY! http://shepodcasts.live/
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 49:49
- Colds for Father’s Day #awesome
- 4:35 The awesome international women’s podcast awards! #sponsor Nominate. Nominate. Nominate!
- 7:22 NEWS!
- Call Her Daddy scored a 60 million dollar deal!
- 10:45 Facebook has launched podcasts, which we’ve yet to see ourselves
- Jess does a quick walk-through of a Facebook Page (sorry, if you were with us live you could have seen)
- Audio rooms are currently only available in mobile
- 16:20 Zuckerberg tested out the Audio Rooms and it seems to have sucked
- And FB also rolled out new tools for Group Admins
- 23:47 Have you tried PodPage? #sponsor. It gives podcasters the ability to create a beautiful podcast website in five minutes
- Spotify acquired Podz a podcast discovery platform
- Jess calls Elsie out for being super speedy
- Elsie transferred her panic into Jess
- 32:46 Back to Spotify acquiring Podz
- “Let them buy everything in sight; I don’t care. Let them just plow through, like a lawn mower, just eating up little podcast companies” -Jess
- Spotify now has Greenroom, the Clubhouse competitor
- Jess goes off on ALLLLLLLL the places to post
- Do we hate social media because we’re older or because we’re over it
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Here’s how Apple Podcasts Subscriptions and Channels work – 9to5Mac
- Call Her Daddy: Spotify Nabs Exclusive Multiyear Deal With Alex Cooper – Variety
- Podcasts start coming to Facebook next week – The Verge
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg hosts first test of Live Audio Rooms in US | TechCrunch
- Facebook rolls out new tools for Group admins, including automated moderation aids | TechCrunch
- Spotify acquires Podz, a podcast discovery platform | TechCrunch
- Get to Know Some of the Features in Our Live Interactive Audio Offering, Greenroom — Spotify
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!