Elsie has the most fantastic co-host today, Danielle Corbett from WOC Podcasters! Elsie and Danielle dive straight into the news on Alexandra Cooper from ‘Call Her Daddy’ and Spotify, moving on to Idris and Sabrina Elba’s new podcast called ‘Coupledom,’ an Indiegogo campaign called The Qube, Super Follows, and affiliate features for Instagram.
TIME FOR SHE PODCASTS LIVE! IT’S COMING SOONER THAN YOU KNOW! – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY! http://shepodcasts.live/
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
BE PART OF THE SHE PODCASTS SUPER SQUAD: SIGN UP – https://www.shepodcasts.com/squad
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 50:18
- 2:00 News! Spotify Eyes Top Podcaster Alexandra Cooper, ‘Call Her Daddy’ Show for $20 Million
- Call Her Daddy news! Elsie gives the entire saga about CHD and Alex Cooper and why all of this is important now
- Elsie loves Alex because she does all the edits and shiz
- 10:49 Idris and Sabrina Elba Launch ‘Coupledom’ Podcast
- Also, the Luther movie is filming in September
- 16:14 How is Audible doing with podcasts?
- They are investing a lot of time in their podcasts and pushing it forward
- If you want visibility in your show, invest time in Audible
- The algorithm is different than Apple podcasts
- “I’ve been able to find a bunch of shows on Audible.” -Elsie
- 28:50 The Qube: A BIPOC-QTPOC Audio Streaming App
- They are developing an app that centers and creates a space where black, brown, queer and trans people of color can celebrate their art
- This is really an opportunity for you to invest in underrepresented creatives
- “I hope this really succeeds and gets the funding it needs and deserves to push it forward.” -Danielle
- The difference between discovery and consumption
- There’s a lot of us that discover different shows in different places
- 28:37 Feedback from Patrick Keller, “Please keep the birds.”
- 30:00 Twitter may be close to launching Super Follows, as new research shows what it could look like
- It’s creating a paywall for those who want exclusive content on Twitter
- 37:06 Tool Tips! Instagram adds affiliate and shop features for creators
- “I thought that this is good, but it feels late.” -Danielle
- Is Instagram doing it for the content creators, or are they doing it for themselves?
- 40:27 Podcasts are coming to Facebook, we don’t have details
- 47:00 On Instagram, your audience can now just give you a badge and offer you a tip
- 44:00 Time to talk about Danielle’s Facebook group for WOC Podcasters
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Follow Danielle on Instagram and Twitter
- Sign up for the WOC Podcasters!
- Spotify Eyes Top Podcaster Alexandra Cooper, ‘Call Her Daddy’ Show for $20 Million – WSJ
- Idris and Sabrina Elba Launch ‘Coupledom’ Podcast – Variety
- Promote Your Show on Amazon Music
- The Qube: A BIPOC-QTPOC Audio Streaming App | Indiegogo
- Twitter may be close to launching Super Follows, as new research shows what it could look like – The Verge
- When podcasts go sour: can shows like Reply All come back from scandal? | Podcasts | The Guardian
- Instagram adds affiliate and shop features for creators | TechCrunch
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!