What your brain goes through from meeting to meeting with no break 😨 Research is proving that you need one ASAP! The Podcast news begins with iOS 14.5 being released and why Facebook and Instagram have a huge issue with it, fun search coming to the Apple App store and breaking down the Basecamp leadership #fail
PRICES ARE GOING UP TO SHE PODCASTS LIVE – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY!
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 1:11:40
- Elsie got a bunch of awesome starters for her garden! It’s what she wanted to Mother’s Day
- Jess has a lot of projects that she has started but has not finished
- 6:02 Research that tells you that your brain needs a break!
- 16:02 News! Finally, iOS 14.5 was released
- Facebook and Instagram is leading with fear to get you to opt-in to their tracking
- 17:54 Apple demystifies App Store search results with new smart suggestions
- We would love this algorithm on Apple Podcasts!
- It can be a challenge to search for things in Apple Podcasts – this algorithm can be a total game-changer
- 24:06 Acast launches Sponsored Stories: it’s an experience
- This means, the brand message can be more commercially focused without needing to be contextually relevant – and it’s not new
- Ads are going to be 90 seconds to 4 minutes in length?!
- 30:46 Desire Adaway is brilliant, using her framework to talk about Basecamp
- Lessons from the Basecamp fiasco
- Lesson one: apologizing and repair are core leadership competencies
- Lesson two: staying in right relationships is more important than being right
- Lesson three: get ready to double down on your values and commitment to DEI and racial equity work
- Elsie gives context around Basecamp
- 1:00:15 CEOs need to do their own work
- “It’s hard to admit when you’ve made mistakes.” – Jess
- 1:06:04 Tony Hsieh died because too many people enabled him
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Research Proves Your Brain Needs Breaks
- Facebook and Instagram notices in iOS apps tell users tracking helps keep them ‘free of charge’ – The Verge
- Apple demystifies App Store search results with new smart suggestions
- Acast launches Sponsored Stories, an immersive sponsorship experience | by Acast: For The Stories. | Acast | Apr, 2021 | Medium
- It’s always political. Lessons from the Basecamp fiasco.
- Behind the controversy at Basecamp – The Verge
- Basecamp implodes as employees flee company, including senior staff – The Verge
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!