A Shakespeare Showdown at She Podcasts Live, yes or no? Jumping into Apple and Facebook news (DISCLAIMER WE RECORDED BEFORE ALL OF THE ANNOUNCEMENTS!) The Netflix podcasting job opening, a murder getting solved thanks to a podcast, and debating whether or not we would help our children dispose of a dead body 😳
PRICES ARE GOING UP TO SHE PODCASTS LIVE – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY!
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 53:03
- “If you don’t watch this show live, you’re really missing out on a lot of content.” -John
- 5:05 Shakespeare showdown at She Podcasts Live! Yay? Nay? Jess is totally a no
- 6:57 News! All of the Apple updates
- 7:20 Apple Podcast Connect could possibly be down, or they’re not taking new submissions right at this moment
- Sadly, this happens a lot in Apple Podcasts, where things get a little bit broken over there
- 9:15 Apple Podcasts is changing from ‘subscribe’ to ‘follow’
- The focus is on PLAYING the latest episode, not subscribing
- Playing your show will be the most important call to action for anybody that goes to Apple Podcasts
- The first 30 seconds of a show are going to be the biggest deciders for somebody to continue listening or not
- 10:51 Apple is improving its privacy through new transparency practices
- 13:36 Do you download the new update immediately or do you wait to read the rumors?
- Elsie’s Mom is watching the live show AGAIN!
- How many Apple products do you have in your house? And no we don’t go too deep into it
- Elsie has ALL of them
- 23:31 Elsie has a job announcement! It’s the Head Of Audio/Podcast, Programming, Editorial, and Publishing for Netflix
- “I’m also almost 50 years old; I have no time for that in my life.” -Elsie
- 30:00 Facebook’s social audio plans include podcast discovery and a Clubhouse clone
- 35:39 Podcast helped California cops crack 1996 student killing
- Debate! If your kid called and said that they killed somebody and need help to dispose of the body, would you go and do it?
- “It depends on the circumstances.” -Jess
- 40:00 Gone Baby Gone spoilers!
- 46:26 AFTER THE SHOW —– BEFORE THE SHOW
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Podcast helped California cops crack 1996 student killing
- Head of Audio/Podcast Programming, Editorial & Publishing
- Facebook’s social audio plans include podcast discovery and a Clubhouse clone – Vox
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!