The chit-chat at the beginning is all kinds of colorful. Elsie tries to share the lifestyle change of the She Podcasts publishing schedule but then the conversation takes a drastic turn into 💩 + 🤢. You have been warned. We also chat about the whole who’s bigger Spotify or Apple Podcasts discussion, Spotify considering going shopping again, and what ESPN’s podcast development has to teach independent podcasters.
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR VIRTUAL TICKET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE 2019? DO IT TODAY!
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month! (Only until January 2020 – after that price goes up to $10/mo)
Episode Recap: length 48:46
- Changing of your podcast name
- Changing of our publishing schedule – it’s a lifestyle choice people!
- Taking our lives back and what that looks like to those that are in our lives
- 8:10 CLOSE YOUR EARS!!! THROW UP TALK!!! It seems that the She Podcasts Team has it in for salad
- 10:30 feedback about TripMode
- 12:33 News OMG the whole Spotify vs Apple Podcasts and who’s bigger
- Spotify might be shopping again, for The Ringer
- 22:23 Elsie was on the MILF podcast and Jess wants to get the scoop
- Elsie is the biggest flake ever…and poor Jennifer had to put up with so much to get me on her show
- 26:30 Advice on getting your guest to share your show
- Bottom line, you cannot control your guests!
- So, should you ask your guest to edit your podcast?
- When Elsie would go on a show and PAY
- 39:10 thoughts on monetization framed by an article about ESPN’s podcasting strategy
- Larger networks are making choices on projects solely on whether they can make money off of it
- It’s really about YOUR influence and reach
- And ESPN is taking a lesson from Jess’s platform model!
- Ya’ll….they have a team that helps sell ads, what does that mean to you? You have to add other strategies to developing your show!
- Is Spotify Really Bigger Than Apple Podcasts?
- Spotify in Early Talks to Buy Sports and Pop-Culture Outlet the Ringer
- Podcaster Magic with Elsie Escobar – Episode 83 of the MILF podcast
- ESPN Being More ‘Strategic’ With New Podcasts
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !