Personal updates involving COVID–19 tests, being a hypochondriac, wine down the drain, pregnancy surprises, kicking sugar habits and making choices that make you feel good. THEN #podcasting stuff: news about neuroscience and podcasting, Audioboom, Glow, and how much folks are getting paid to HOST A PODCAST. There’s also LOTS of yelling by Elsie and unmedicated Jess.
PRICES ARE GOING UP TO SHE PODCASTS LIVE – GET YOUR TICKET TODAY!
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! 302–240–3425, text yes or my.community.com/shepodcasts
THE SHE PODCASTS SUPER SQUAD: SIGN UP
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 1:02:00
- John spent last weekend in the emergency room!
- The Covid test is a terrible feeling
- 10:04 Jess is stacking habits during the show and no ADHD medication
- “I have a repulsion to doing things that don’t align with what I want to be doing.” – Elsie
- “Sugar is a drug, a bad, bad, bad, bad drug” – Jess
- How do you feel after you eat sugar? Be mindful of the choices that you are making!
- 25:10 News! Apple maps will be showing COVID–19 travel guidance
- That way, you know what to expect at the airport
- 26:17 Neuroscience research finds distinct advertising differences across audio, radio, and podcasting
- 64% of people who listen to podcasts say that they recognize and remember an ad over the ones they hear on the radio
- 33:03 Covid listener surge sees podcast firm’s results perking up
- Audioboom’s revenues are growing at almost twice the rate of the podcasting ad market
- 35:06 Gimlet Media and The Ringer finalize union agreements with Spotify
- Editors make $125,000?!
- Oh the myth of 9 – 5, so not true
- 47:02 Libsyn acquires podcast monetization platform Glow
- “I smell interesting things happening over there.” -Jess
- 52:29 Look up Bailey Sarian to find the show Murder, Mystery & Makeup is so fun
- 53:32 Time to Walk is a feature of Apple Fitness+ that allows access to audio content from so many cool people
- Join The Super Squad
- 302–240–3425 “yes”
- Apple Maps will show COVID–19 travel guidances so you know what to expect at the airport
- Neuroscience research finds distinct advertising differences across audio, radio and podcasting – CMO Australia
- Covid listener surge sees podcast firm’s results perking up | Technology sector | The Guardian
- Gimlet Media and The Ringer finalize union agreements with Spotify. Here are salary & other details. – RAIN News
- Libsyn Acquires Podcast Monetization Platform Glow
- Glow Special Bonus episode: The Feed The Official Libsyn Podcast
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!