It’s the big 2–9–9, and episode 300 is right around the corner 😳 Could Pro Tools be a gatekeeper to podcasters? Diving back into Clubhouse with feedback from YOU! Jess rants about why she HATES Clubhouse. And Elsie jumps on her Love Box and explains the distructive nature of FOMO social media apps.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR SANEBOX!
WANNA MAKE MONEY PODCASTING? Take this quiz from the mighty Stacey Simms! Our latest sponsor 🙏🏽
PRODUCE YOUR PODCAST IS AMAZING! Hire them to do all the things that you really dislike doing for your podcast
🔥 NEW WAY TO CONNECT! Elsie (and occasionally Jess) will be texting you directly! – Sign up here! my.community.com/shepodcasts
THE SHE PODCASTS SUPER SQUAD: SIGN UP
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
EPISODE LENGTH 55:14
- 2:30 Guest appearance! Jess made an appearance on Fashion Crimes
- Podcasting t-shirts are a category of clothing! – fight us
- 6:25 Text us for all the things: 302–240–3425 (you won’t regret it)
- 7:30 Sanebox will keep your inbox nice and clean! You can design them however you want!
- 8:43 News! Starting with shout-outs!
- A discussion around Pro-Tools as a possible gatekeeper for diversity in podcasting?
- 23:29 Jess’s experience working in corporate and whether or not they provided her the tools she needed to do the job
- 26:54 We are back to Clubhouse! This time it’s all about the feedback that we got!
- Clubhouse is primarily for connecting with people who are not like you
- 30:56 Question for our audience: how do you feel about video and voice feedback on your cell phones? Elsie doesn’t know what this has to do with Clubhouse
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- 32:58 Rant! Jess justifies why she HATES Clubhouse, “right now!”
- 37:57 Our sponsor! Stacy Sims reveals how you can make money from podcasting! Do it!
- 40:58 How Elsie didn’t want it to be a soap box and yet love box was possibly problematic
- “You don’t have to ask them if they approve of your vagina being a segment. I mean, who’s gonna say no to Elsie’s vagina? Nobody. No-body.” – Jess
- 44:12 Elsie’s Love Box – the problem with FOMO
- 47:57 Some of these apps are MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE INSUFFICIENT
- Join The Super Squad
- Fashion Crimes Podcast
- ‘Pro Tools proficiency’ may be keeping us from diversifying audio
- Bonnie’s video all about clearing up misconceptions Clubhouse She mentioned starting at 4 min!
- The Hot New Thing in Clubby Silicon Valley? An App Called Clubhouse – The New York Times
- Stacey Simms’s Quiz: Can you make money from podcasting?
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
→ Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group!