It’s a Super Squad Elsie Q&A where she covers: best practices for website integration options, podcast website landing pages must haves, how to get the most out of your microphone to avoid crackling and handling noise, setting clear goals for measurable success with your show, changing the name of your show and keeping the same feed, and best options for remote recording!
Thank you to our sponsor Meet Edgar! Connect your podcast RSS feed or favorite websites, and let Edgar promote your latest episodes and archive automatically. For $19/mo, you can add 3 social media accounts and automatically post 10 times per week. Set up your recurring schedule, import your content, and let Edgar do the rest. Start your first month for just $1 by visiting meetedgar.com/shepodcasts.
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month!
Episode Recap: length 59:15
- The best intro from Jess ever!
- 2:36 Meet Edgar love from us!
- 3:40 Elsie Q&A begins
- 5:54 Website integration options
- Chatting about the Libsyn Publisher Hub
- Specifics about the Libsyn Podcast Page
- 11:00 Looking at Emily’s awesome website
- Y’all it’s not just about Libsyn, most reputable podcast hosts offer podcast pages
- 15:30 RadioPublic Pro and it’s super cool
- 17:17 Stephanie asks “how do we get found?”
- 18:10 Showing off Tara McMullin’s landing page for her show What Works
- 20:00 Creative Next landing page!
- What are the key things that a podcast landing page needs to have
- Explaining why listening is important and podcasing education is a must on your website!
- A bit about shownotes and good examples
- 31:04 what are some ways to measure success on a small scale
- 31:50 podcast stats (from Libsyn)
- Goals that you can measure – and assess
- Get the scoop on exactly how Elsie would make money if she needed to – and NO she would NOT start a podcast
- 38:01 Question about microphones that can handle changes in volume
- Learn mic technique people! And how mic technique is like different kind of classes
- 43:00 Mic technique truth from Elsie!
- 48:58 What if you’re re-launching a podcast, should you keep it on the same feed?
- 52:45 So thoughts on the best remote recording choices
- 56:40 Google about podcasting data
- How to get your podcast into Google Podcasts and Google Home
- Libsyn Publisher Hub
- Libsyn Podcast Page
- The Story Behind (Emily’s website)
- The Affordable Interior Design Podcast
- RadioPublic Pro
- Grow your podcast audience, one website visitor at a time
- The What Works Podcast landing page
- Creative Next Welcome page
- Making Positive Psychology Works shownotes
- What Works podcast shownotes
- Samson Q2U
- Heil PR30
- RODEcaster Pro
- She Listens by Edison Research
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up SUBSCRIBE wherever you get your podcasts! ONE CLICK!
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions by emailing email@example.com. We love audio feedback! Let your voice be heard, record your voice via voice memo in your smartphone and send it over! You can also join the She Podcasts Facebook group !