Elsie went on a trip and Jess had no idea where she left! We break down the Luminary kerfuffle, and why companies getting into podcasting need to do accurate research on the industry.Mark Zuckerberg has a podcast people! So crazy. You’ll get to hear what’s up with speakers for the She Podcasts Conference and what it takes to sign contracts with hotels and we give some sage advice on what to do with your back catalogue.
Send us your feedback, email firstname.lastname@example.org! We can’t wait to hear from you!
HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOUR TICKET YET FOR THE SHE PODCASTS LIVE EXPERIENCE? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???
Join the She Podcasts Super Squad for exclusive coaching and attention to you from Jess and Elsie for only $5 a month!
Episode Recap: length 39:34
- Jess has an upper level realized acceptance of Elsie
- Elsie and fam rented a new van!
- 5:45 NEWS
- Luminary! Came onto the playground and um… chaos
- We don’t quite know they are making money?
- So Luminary didn’t ask permission
- They think they could do things better but without doing any research in the industry
- Million so dollars that we could have all used in the industry!
- Elsie is sad about what the narrative about the podcasting industry could be if Luminary fails
- Mark Zuckerberg has a podcast!!! WHAT????
- Pippa was acquired by Acast
- 24:49 SHE PODCASTS LIVE UPDATE
- What’s going on? Updates on people that have applied to speak!
- OMG it’s so complicated signing a hotel contract for a conference
- 26:56 Super Squad Q & A
- We go deep in answering Stacy’s question about reusing her back catalogue
- Podcasters are Having Problems With New Service Luminary
- Marco Arment update that Luminary is now serving HTTPS 302 redirects
- These are all the podcast networks and creators who pulled their shows from Luminary
- Today’s Fresh Hell Brings Us a Spotify Podcast From Mark Zuckerberg
- Pippa acquired by Acast
- Ep 32 How To Get A Sponsor For Your Podcast & Other Stories
- 033 The One About How To SELL Your Podcast
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
For $5 per month get exclusive access to coaching with Jess and Elsie
Get special time with Jess and Elsie weekly over in the She Podcasts Supersquad! All you need to do is to sign up to be a $5 per month Patreon. We are waaaaaay worth more than a cup of coffee. Patreon
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com