We love Mic Me for intros, outros and audio branding! Touch base with our awesome sponsor and get custom podcast intros, outros and editing from Micme.com. Get 10% off your first intro and outro with promo code SHEPODCASTS.
We only had about two and a half minutes of banter! Y’all that’s a record. We HAD to dive into the discussion all about Apple Podcasts charts being manipulated and worthless. Guess who has a new job? Hear all about Jess being Head of Marketing over at Podcast Websites! And we round off our discussion by addressing what to do with your podcast when you have something life-changing happen in your life
Send us your feedback, email email@example.com! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Super Quick Re-cap! Length:
- Fastest banter EVER! Elsie is giving it a go again at the library
- 2:24 NEWS!
- You guys, a wealth of articles are telling us that the Apple Podcasts charts are worthless, tun tun TUN
- You should have stopped measuring yourself by these charts a long time ago!
- These charts aren’t a reflection of general value
- Stop using these charts as validation people! Not sure how else to say that
- The way that we search for one thing is the way that we search for everything
- The part that is newsworthy is that Apple Podcasts isn’t doing much about it, nor do they care to – and its their prerogative
- WE value the charts. WE have given them power
- There’s a new head of marketing for Podcast Websites! It’s Jessica! And what she’s doing over there
- Elsie is trying to set the scene, delicately about what to do with your podcast when you have an impactful life change
- When something happens in your life, what do you do with your podcast?
- BE KIND TO YOURSELF
- Create a plan to come back
- It’s really hard to break up with a show
- Are you ready to let go of an identity that no longer serves you? Elsie did and it was hard!
- Who are you? Are you having an identity crisis? Should you keep doing the show?
- Have you gone through a transition? Share it with us! Send us some feedback! firstname.lastname@example.org
- 51:16 TOOL TIPS
- Time Buddy App for your smartphone
- 55:04 WEIRD AND WILD SHOW OF THE WEEK
- The Dirty John trailer is out!
Links mentioned by Elsie and Jess!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- The Apple Podcasts Chart is screwed. How should we replace it?
- HAS THE APPLE PODCAST CHARTS FELT WEIRDER LATELY? – HotPod Newsletter
- Apple seemingly aware of alleged ‘Top Podcasts’ chart manipulation
- New Head Of Marketing: Welcome Jessica Kupferman
- Podcast Websites Blog!
- Time Buddy for iOS and for Android
- Dirty John Trailer
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
The She Podcasts Shop
Get your FREE How To Podcast tutorial!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com