Danny Ozment’s awesome Emerald City Productions! Check out Danny’s service, go to EmeraldCityPro.com/checklist for a free sound assessment!
Wanna work with Elsie & Jess? Check out their 1–2 Punch! They’ll get you rockin’ with the perfect mixture of Mission and Money!
Come hang with us at Podcast Movement! Sign up with the code shep. We cannot wait to see you there!
Support our Patreon page!
You know how all that Facebook privacy breech et all happened? Jess and Elsie go deeply into the discussion as Elsie wants to step away from the platform, for sure. We also break down exactly what’s up with the new Twitter rules for automation and duplicate content. This is a jammed packed episode of mighty important podcasting conversations.
Speakpipe message! Or you can email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you
Super Quick Re-cap!
- IRL friends that understand what you do is SUPER important
- Country rat and city rat conversation
- Elsie is totally an introvert, and she figures out how much of one she is #introvertproblems
- “That’s you! You’re Fionna the baby hippo!”
- 9:03 SPONSORED TIP! Set up your gear correctly and then stop messing with it, dude, stop it. Danny has your back!
- Danny inspires a whole conversations about being behind on the updates and what updating (or not) means for podcasters
- 14:55 NEWS
- Elsie is deeply considering an exodus out of Facebook
- You know that data breach involving Facebook? Well, we discuss
- Jess says being in a relationship with Facebook is like being in a relationship with an abusive boyfriend
- Passive, lean back consumption, that’s what Elsie is over
- We MUST be vigilant for our attention and FB is designed to take you away
- And even beyond that, Facebook is doing the whole Patreon thing
- Don’t be surprised if Facebook ends up buying Patreon
- Elsie’s favorite IG stories to watch from the Agrawal twins
- 55:53 Podcast Movement Sponsor! You won’t know the power of attending a live event can help you break habits and find new ways of thinking
- 58:13 TOOL TIPS
- No more automation and the use of multiple accounts and same kind of content
- Jess shares how she’s going to automate some of our marketing and it blows John’s mind
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- Fiona the baby hippo
- Miki Agrawal founder of Thinx on IG
- Radha Agrawal founder of Daybreak on IG
- Amazing thread by on the whole Facebook fiasco Sara Danner Dukic @saradannerdukic
- Facebook’s week of shame: the Cambridge Analytica fallout
- What Twitter’s New Rules Mean for Social Media Scheduling
- Automation and the use of multiple accounts
- Google’s built-in podcast player updated w/ a homepage, subscriptions, & app icon
- Google app starts rolling out podcast subscription and management
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Get your FREE How To Podcast tutorial!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to Apple Podcasts and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you’re moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via Apple Podcasts
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org