Show 025 Quick-Guide
- The baby’s here!!!
- Oh yes. The Podfading definition.
- We discuss Cliff Ravenscraft’s post on how many newpodcasts had already podfaded.
- Elsie’s dream: to interview podcasters that have podfaded.
- Pretty hardcore numbers on how many podcasters ‘podfade,’ provided by Elsie.
- Jessica breaks out iTunes again!
- Conclusion: podcasting is HARD. Ya.
- Podcasting is never ever. You are always launching.
- In order for you to get your podcast together it needs to align with your precise lifestyle.
- Jess’s confession about her dreams of podcast episodes in the can – not so much.
- Bottom line: you either have it in you to do the hard work or you do not.
- Elsie has in fact podfaded. She knows what’s up.
- Your podcast workflow with yourself OR with a co-host is a key to not podfading, in addition to making sure your are clear of what you can commit to.
- What you expect as a payoff and what you get as a payoff might be different.
- Downloads and PEOPLE are different. Just FYI.
- You don’t seep into your listeners life if you fade.
- One of the biggest pay-offs for Jessica is being "noticed’ a lot more.
- When you first start it feels super awkard regardless of how many courses you take and how many tutorials you do!
- OMG. A Jessica rant. Delicious. (listen at your own risk if you have stock questions for your podcast)
- When having the same questions for an interview format really works.
- Hints of how to get the answers that you’re looking for from an interview.
- We do a little chatting about how to interview Chris Brogan.
- What’s the answer that you are really looking for?
If you are considering podfading, what’s the scoop on why?
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Cliff’s post on podfading
- The Tim Ferris Podcast
- Susan Bratton: Talk Show Tips
- The History Chicks minicast about Sybil Ludington
- Podcast Growth For the Holiday’s Workshop with Elsie
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org
This was such a great episode. I loved the passion and how much of this was just you two talking from the heart. I LOL when Jess said I’m a good writer, I’m a good uuuuuh talker cause…… that was awesome then she called herself on it. Happy Baby time. Keep up the great work, and great job thinking ahead to do these ahead.