Show 019 Quick-Guide
- The Apple Event in September in how those millions of iPhones & iOS 8 will affect podcasting
- If you are using a Feedburner feed as your feed for iTunes, does your podcast work? Are there any errors?
- Shout out to @traceymarksmd who tweeted out some love via the Podcasts App.
- We discuss a question from Tracey about Podcasts
- You need to learn how to use The Podcasts App from Apple!
- Optimize your show notes for easy action taking in podcasts apps.
- We should do a tutorial on how to optimize your podcast in the different podcast apps!!!
- Why having a separate feed for your podcast and your website can be an asset.
- Elsie’s interested in doing voice over work.
- Jessica breaks down what Hidden Valley Ranch Voice is.
- We get into the podcast patent troll WIN – 1.3 million dollars in damages awarded to this guy.
- We go off topic – about our friend Hillary
- iTunes podcast art specs have changed! Get the scoop!
- Who will be affected by this change in the iTunes artworks specs?
- Off topic again – where we listen to music.
- Who in the world is Chalene Johnson? And why is she a hot tamale?
- Turning podcast advertising on it’s head & re-inventing! And why Howard Stern will get totally pissed off.
- Jess starts the conversation about the difference between sponsorship and advertisers.
- Advertising in podcasts is a long tail commitment.
- Breaking down the different types of ads for podcasts.
Your homework: start a conversation with someone that just bought a new iPhone and doesn’t listen to podcasts. What do they think about the Podcasts App?
Is your show working in the podcasts app?
Do you guys want a screencast on how to use and optimize for the podcasts apps?
Do you have a new interesting way to advertise in your podcast? Let us know!
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus Sales in opening weekend
- Jessica’s Brand Vous Program
- Question from Tracey about optimizing the shownotes in the Podcast App in She Podcasts Group
- After Setback in Texas, the Fight Against Podcasting Patent Troll Will Continue
- Our friend Hillary Rubin
- Bookmark this link! iTunes specs!
- iTunes Radio
- Chalene Johnson
- Chalene’s Instagram account
- Interview with Chalene on Social Media Marketing Podcast
- How A Former Public Radio Man Is Helping To Reinvent Advertising With His New Podcast
- Preston and Steve
- Shannon Cherry
- Ad Rotate Pro
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi Ladies 🙂
I’m in the process of seeking out sponsors for my show and I’ve been live for almost 2 months with 9 episodes on iTunes and Stitcher. I’m seeking them out early as I want to create a sort of urgency and exclusivity to brands. The brands I am reaching out to are pregnancy-related ones like apps, maternity clothes, baby clothes, maternity accessories like diaper bags and many baby brands. Last week I reached out to 20 and already received responses from 5. They want to know stats and pricing for the sponsorship. I wanted to use Cliff Ravenscraft’s suggestions that he gives in his show episode #366, as he suggests never to provide stats. However, brands are asking for them and I feel that to not provide them would seem extremely evasive. I’m fine with rejection so if they say no now, I will try again later when I have more of a listenership.
I’m responding to them tonight. I’ll keep you posted on their response!
I love your show. I listen every week! xoxo
This episode was my introduction to your podcast and I’m hooked! I’m in the brainstorming/technical learning curve of putting together my podcast and you addressed some of my biggest concerns. Thank you! I feel ready to move forward with confidence. Oh, and I joined the Facebook group this week, too, and have loved the community there. And yes, I’d love video tutorials on optimizing for the apps.
I have to re-listen to this episode, but as far as Feedburner is concerned, I’ve ditched it for the native RSS feed. It only allowed iTunes to keep 3 shows at any one time. I wasn’t able to fix it in a reasonable amount of time and Google products tend to not be user/non-developer friendly.
I found out later that my podcast wasn’t able to caught by some podcast catchers because of Feedburner. Once I switched, I had listeners thanking me for making my shows available in their favorite app.
Interesting to note, I set the podcast feed for the podcast to be different than my website. That’s not something I could figure out in Feedburner.