Show 016 Quick-Guide
- Jessica admits her naiveté about the friction between hobby podcasters and business podcasters (we chat about a discussion that took place in an FB podcasters group that has since been deleted.)
- Why people have created podcasting courses – Jessica gets pretty darn heated!
- Elsie breaks down a bit of how the podcasting industry has evolved.
- Should the conversation about podcasting and money take a back seat? or is there a larger issue?
- Bottom line: podcasters don’t know how to market themselves.
- Bottom line: self promoters make it bad for everybody.
- The community needs a positive way to promote themselves, where they learn to do it in a positive way.
- Our She Podcast group is very good at promoting themselves well – and we offer a possible reason why.
- When are you being too nice? REVEALED: the last time Jessica was too nice.
- We discuss fellow podcast teacher Ellen Britt’s question about our guests using our podcast content – and a butt is wiped in the process.
- Jess describes how some of her interviewees get the coveted MP3.
- You have to have firm boundaries in your podcast whether business or hobby.
- Elsie reveals her ex A-lister yoga client.
- When do you reschedule and not reschedule?
- Making decisions on what shows to be on and making decisions for yourself on what serves you best.
- The different guidelines between a podcast guest and a podcast host.
OMG someone embarrasses Jessica!
- Elsie shares how she preps her guests when they come onto The Feed.
Are you a BRILLIANT hobby podcaster that wants to share your opinion about the podcasting industry?
How do you discern what’s the best use of your time when being a podcast guest?
Are you being too nice?
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and kindly leave us a rating, a review and subscribe!
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
FEEDBACK + PROMOTION for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com