Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
That moment when the house is so quiet after bedtime that you simply do not want to go to sleep – that is where we begin the conversation, and THEN we jump straight into an intricate and passionate discussion about the roots of podcast discovery, distribution, VC funding, Angel Investing, reaching diverse and under-represented communities, the problem with pay-walls and walled gardens and much more!
We want your feedback! If any of this brought anything up for you, send us audio feedback – – – we want to hear from you! Send us a Speakpipe message! Or you can email email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Super Quick Re-cap!
- Jess and her sleeplessness, why? Because when everyone is asleep it feels so nice, she doesn’t want to go to sleep
- Jess and the story of ‘Angela’ or how her toddler gets totally confused
- Hey guys! You need to get your ticket to Podcast Movement STAT! Time is running out
- Elsie is done working on the audiobook BodyThrive
- 9:08 THE NEWS
- The audience needs to sing the segments during our live PM re-cap, and shout-out to Ginger!!!
- Discussing the non-discovery problem via Mark Ramsey, and it’s all about the chips
- Elsie thinks that podcast listeners are actively looking for super fancy pants chips
- We have to step out of what has generally worked in the past to promote your podcast and expand your reach #Elsieisms
- Hey, podcasters! Get thee to the library! Why aren’t there listening stations?
- And the venture capital, angel investor conversation begins
- If podcasting isn’t worth diddles, then there must be some kind of diversification
- Can we compare Netflix and podcasting? Are they kinda the same?
- Netflix is in debt…and they are doing good stuff – – – how is this related to podcasting?
- The paywall podcast problem, when will the audience rebel against the insane amount of ‘pay-walls’ to get the special content
- It IS important to expand to different socio-economic statuses
- Why podcast listening NOT being easy to consume is good for podcast advertising – – – influence matters, people!
- Why podcast listeners are so special
- Spotify is starting to promote some podcasts and have added podcasts from Omny in Australia
- And Elsie abruptly has to go! So…there’s that
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- The problem with podcasting is not discovery
- VCs don’t love podcasting, but Gimlet Media has raised another $15 million anyway
- Spotify makes two moves into the podcast space this week
- Netflix is on the hook for $20 billion. Can it keep spending its way to success?
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you're moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to firstname.lastname@example.org