Support our Patreon page!
Communicate with us via Twitter by using the hashtag #AskSheP and of course follow us on Twitter
What does it really take to be productive during summer time? Jess and Elsie discuss habits, triggers and associations and then they dive into how this behavior affects podcast listeners. You guys, we got a negative review ‘meh’ all the way around! We go all in to break down what it says as well as curiously converse on what it takes for someone to go into iTunes to post a bad review! OMG we make The Audacity To Podcast into a musical! You have GOT to listen. BEST. THING. EVER 🎤
Have something to say? Send us a Speakpipe message!
Super Quick Re-cap!
- Scattered, traveling, summer time and the death of habits
- The importance of triggers to building habits
- Jess and Elsie feel very differently about solitary confinement
- Elsie’s favorite place to edit
- Some E-League teachings from Elsie all about how your listeners are usually doing stuff…and they are in no position to take action with you
- A reading of a negative review and a further conversation — have we sold ourselves out? And other stories
- Thoughts on when people take action with you and why
- Jess takes a pee break…and comes back swinging about audio editing 😂
- A story of how John funded his podcast education
- 40:45 Kimberly about Facebook and podcasts
- 45:05 THE NEWS
- Teen Wolf is being made into a podcast! And it seems the press is being super snarky about it
- MTV is essentially on it’s death bed
- OMG podcasts are being made into musicals!
- The Audacity To Podcast -as a musical – you’re welcome Daniel 😆
- 58:19 TOOL TIPS
- Elsie’s ego is hurt because she gets called out on her loudness issues
- Auphonic talk and loudness via John
- When you get too much resistance around publishing your podcast, remove it, it’s too easy to quit
Links mentioned by Jess and Elsie!
- Leave us feedback via Speakpipe!
- She Podcasts Live: Post-Event Mental Unwind
- Kim – From Ring To Veil
- MTV Is Turning Teen Wolf into a Podcast, for Some Reason
- MTV Isn’t What It Used To Be
- Musicals (Yes, Musicals) Are About To Shake Up Podcasting
- How to Get People to Share Your Podcast – TAP315 The episode Jess and Elsie made into a musical
- Another episode of The Audacity To Podcast, this time about why loudness aka LUFS is important in podcasting
She Podcasts thank-you to our Sponsors!
Our editor John from Audio Editing Solutions. He is so good you need to hire him STAT!
Shop for your podcasting education!
Help Us Spread The Word!
It would be stellar if you shared She Podcasts with your fellow women podcasters on twitter. Click here to tweet some love!
If this episode got you all fired up, head on over to iTunes and SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW! And if you're moved to, kindly leave us a rating and review.
Ways to subscribe to She Podcasts!
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here to subscribe via RSS
- You can also subscribe via Stitcher
Feedback + Promotion for Women Podcasters
You can ask your questions, comment below, go to the She Podcasts Facebook group and even share your promos for your podcast! Let your voice be heard. Send it all to email@example.com